Madhuri Dixit (born May 15, 1967) is a legendary Indian film actress acclaimed as one of the best actresses in Bollywood. Coupled with her beauty she is also a highly accomplished dancer. Her film career started with debut in Abodh (1984) and continued with several box office hits getting her wide public adulation and the sobriquet “Queen of Indian Cinema”. Some of her most popular films are Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and Devdas. She has received scores of Film Fair awards for her excellence in acting, and also the national honour of Padma Shri, India's fourth-highest civilian award by the Government of India. Madhuri Dixit is the sixth Bollywood celebrity to be honoured with her wax image at Madame Tussauds, :London,
- I was quite the media darling.
- Quoted in "Verve: The Spirit of Today's Woman" page=74
When personality comes first.....
When personality comes first...... Madhuri Dixit wes.
- For me dancing is not just moving your arms and legs but basically it's a very spiritual experience. It's part of me and a second nature to me. You can say it is in my blood.
- I don't understand the difference between being a star and being an actress. If you are a good actress, you can also be a star but it does not work the other way round. You must be able to deliver the goods.
- I hope I am m not sounding presumptuous or vain. but I think like Sridevi, I was another heroine who could break the barriers between the classes and the masses.
- It's so ironical. When you finally achieve recognition, you hide behind dark glasses.
- Good films flop, atrocious films do well. Uncertainty is the only certainty in this business.
- The tendency in the media is to portray everyone in the film industry as sex-starved creatures. Please spare us.
- Depend on yourself and you will never be let down.
- Acting is a bit like cycling. Once you’ve got the hang of it, you just peddle on.
- I find it funny to praise myself, but I think I am beautiful, just like Chandramukhi.
- I have never been a part of the numbers game. We are not racing horses, who should be numbered. Either the work you do is good or bad.
- When Hussainji narrated the script [on Gaja Gamini] to me, I couldn´t understand it. And I told him so. So, he worked out a storyboard and then I could visualize the whole film. You know the film is like a painting on celluloid.
- I adore the concept of being in love with one guy and spending the rest of my life with him.
- My family gives me enough security and warmth. I don’t have to look for it outside! After achieving so much success and fame I’m apprehensive about people’s motives. I want to be sure that people want to be friends with me and not my fame!
About Madhuri Dixit
- Madhuri was crowned the queen of Bollywood and her star status reached a level where she was called the ‘female Amitabh Bachhan’. Her stage shows sold out and fans flocked to her shootings to catch a glimpse of the ultimate star. She has ever been called the peace maker between India and Pakistan as a Pakistani official joked to a national newspaper on his visit to India "You can keep Kashmir, give us Madhuri".
- Nightingale of Parliament.
- Madhuri is an excellent dancer. She is in the same league with actresses like Waheeda Rehman and Meena Kumari as far as dancing is concerned. She dances with a lot of grace. I think she is the best dancer in Indian cinema after Waheeda Rehman. She reminds me of her,
- I worked with her for the first time in 1997 for a dance sequence where actor (Shah Rukh) is playing the drum in another room and she dances on those beats.
- It has been more than 15 years but her dedication towards dance is the same. She grabs quickly and is a genius dancer. Her expressions are just perfect.
- Madhuri has kept the tradition of classical dance in cinema alive. Be it Devdas's 'Kahe Ched Mohe' or dance sequence of DTPH , she has performed brilliantly.
- Above four comments are by Birju Maharaj quoted in "Madhuri reminds me of Waheeda Rehman: Birju Maharaj". Deccan Herald. 13 May 2013. Retrieved on 12 December 2013.