Make It or Break It
Make It or Break It is an American television drama series that focuses on the lives of teen gymnasts who strive to make it to the Olympic Games. Josie Loren plays girly Kaylie Cruz, Cassie Scerbo plays scheming Lauren Tanner, Chelsea Hobbs plays new-comer Emily Kmetko, and Ayla Kell plays determined Payson Keeler. Also starring Neil Jackson, Candance Cameron Bure, and Nicole Anderson.
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Pilot [1.1]
- 1.2 Where's Marty [1.2]
- 1.3 Blowing Off Steam [1.3]
- 1.4 Sunday, Bloody Sasha, Sunday [1.4]
- 1.5 Like Mother, Like Daughter, Like Supermodel [1.05]
- 1.6 Between a Rock and a Hard Place [1.06]
- 1.7 Run, Emily, Run [1.07]
- 1.8 All's Fair In Love, War and Gymnastics [1.08]
- 1.9 Where's Kaylie? [1.09]
- 1.10 All That Glitters [1.10]
- 1.11 Follow The Leader [1.12]
- 1.12 California Girls [1.13]
- 1.13 Are We Having Fun Yet? [1.14]
- 1.14 Loves Me, Loves Me Not [1.15]
- 1.15 Save the Last Dance [1.16]
- 1.16 Hope and Faith [1.17]
- 1.17 The Great Wall [1.18]
- 1.18 The Only Thing We Have to Fear... [1.19]
- 1.19 The Only Thing We Have to Fear ... [1.19]
- 1.20 Are We Family? [1.20]
- 2 Season 2
- 2.1 Friends Close, Enemies Closer [2.01]
- 2.2 All or Nothing [2.02]
- 2.3 Battle of the Flexes [2.03]
- 2.4 And the Rocky Goes To... [2.04]
- 2.5 I Won't Dance, Don't Ask Me [2.05]
- 2.6 Party Gone Out of Bounds [2.06]
- 2.7 What Are You Made Of? [2.07]
- 2.8 Rock Bottom [2.08]
- 2.9 If Only.. [2.09]
- 2.10 At the Edge of the Worlds [2.10]
- 2.11 The New Normal [2.11]
- 2.12 Free People [2.12]
- 2.13 The Buddy System [2.13]
- 2.14 Life or Death [2.14]
- 2.15 Hungary Heart [2.15]
- 2.16 Requiem for a Dream [2.16]
- 2.17 To Thine Own Self Be True [2.17]
- 2.18 Dog Eat Dog [2.18]
- 2.19 What Lies Beneath [2.19]
- 2.20 Worlds Apart [2.20]
- 3 Season 3
- 4 External Links
- Kaylie: Great. I look like a butterball. I am turning into Mary freaking Lou.
- Lauren: Sorry, I'm addicted to breakfast biscuts!
- Lauren: I thought Jesus was your boyfriend
- Lauren: Is that hooker her mother?
- Payson: Wait a minute! Wait a damn minute! I did everything right. Everything I Haven't had a weekend off my whole childhood! And now my coach just leaves? Now?
- Mrs. Keeler: Pay, it's gonna be okay..
- Payson: No, it's not okay, Mom! What the hell is happening?! I did everything right!
- Kaylie: Holy sizzle. She has a shot at the top three!
- Mr. Tanner: That's the girl you were telling me about? The one they found on a playground?
- Lauren Tanner: Fresno? What kind of gyms are in Fresno?
- Emily Kmetko: Actually, I was working out at the Y..
- Kaylie Cruz: My dad will kill you. No, like blood and cops and teddy bears and candles on the sidewalk kill you.
- Mrs. Keeler: Are you ready? Pay?
- Becca Keeler: She can't hear you. She's "visualizing."
- Emily: (to the team doctor) Get out of my way, or you'll have to deal with my mother!
- Chloe Kmetko: I'd get out of her way...
- Kim Keeler: Here comes Lauren on the beam.
- Mark Keeler: Is she as good as they say?
- Kim Keeler: No one should be able to do what she does on four inches of wood.
- (Mark Keeler chuckles knowingly)
- Chloe Kmetko': (to Emily) I know I'm not going to win Mom of the Year, but you know I love you, right?
- Lauren: Daddy! Your secretary's here!
- Summer: Oh! Executive assistant.
- Lauren: Whatever...
- (Lauren sneers at Emily's leotard)
- Lauren: So, you don't have any endorsements yet, for clothes... or anything?
- Emily: Not yet, but maybe after Nationals.
- Lauren: Someone's pretty cocky!
Where's Marty [1.2]
- Ms. Kmetko:Where are my resumés?
- Brian Kmetko: You mean the ones that are practically glowing in the dark?
- Payson: Are you Marty? Do you have three Olympic gold medals? Then leave me. The hell. Alone.
- Lauren (to her dad): Oh, please. You're banging your secretary?
- Summer: Executive Assistant!
- Steve Tanner: And I'm not, you know, "banging" anybody. Summer and I have discovered that we have real.. feelings for each other.
- Lauren: When? When did you discover these "feelings"?
- Summer: Six months ago.
- Lauren: Could you be more of a cliché? And you? (addresses Summer) I had you pegged for a gold-digger back on our Cabo trip. Way to take notes in a tankini!
- Leo Cruz: Fresno?
- Emily: Yeah, didn't you know it's the gymnastics capital of the world?
- Denver Gymnast 1: (about Lauren on beam) Man, is she good!
- Denver Gymnast 2: Yeah. But I hear she's a bitch.
- Carter Anderson: Who puts a phone in the laundry room? Your family is nuts.
- Razor: You should probably go. I think your mom is going into the drive-through the wrong way... in reverse.
- Ronnie Cruz: I don't remember saying anything about children.. I only bought so much shrimp dip.
- Chloe Kmetko: I think people are intimidated by me. I mean, my nails are good, like Lady Gaga-good, and my look is flawless!
- Becca Keeler; I'd kiss Nick Jonas, I'd marry Joe Jonas, and I'd kill Kellie Parker.
- Payson: Why? Why would you kill Kellie Parker?
- Becca: 'Cause she's better than you on vault.
- Kaylie: Why wouldn't you just let Payson beat her? Wouldn't that be more fun?
- Payson: And less prison time, eh?
- Becca: Who would you kiss, Pay?
- Payson: I don't know... Barack Obama.
- Leo Cruz: I'll drive them home.
- Becca Keeler: Awesome!
Blowing Off Steam [1.3]
- Kaylie: We have to find a better means of communication than a communal bucket of chalk!
- Kaylie: I swear, if my father doesn't find a real coach soon, I'm going to join the carnival.
- Emily: Well, then we're going to need work permits, tattoos and gypsy names.
- Sasha Belov: You think I left England to compete in Romania because I want money? Who do I look like, David Beckham?
- Steve Tanner: Yes, actually, you kinda do.
- Leo Cruz: Boys are after four things at a kegger: Brew, booty, more booty, and even more brew!
- Leo Cruz: He's pressuring you?
- Kaylie: No, no, he's super supportive and totally under stands I'm not ready to have sex.
- (Leo grimaces)
- Kaylie: Too much information...
- Chloe Kmetko: Did your sister get back yet?
- Brian Kmetko: Yeah, she's been in the bathroom for like hours.
- Chloe: Honey, is everything okay?
- Emily: (muffled) Just a minute!
- Chloe: Oh my god, did you get your period?
- Lauren: How much of a Christian can she be? The woman wears Dolce & Gabanna!
- Lauren: (to waiter) Hey- wanna get lucky? (hands him her special charm bracelet, which she has just learned came from Summer, not her dad) Give this to your girlfriend!
- Leo: How many beers did she have?
- Emily: I don't know... How much does it take for a 90 lb girl to get drunk?
- Leo: So... one.
- Emily: At least two.
- Payson: Maybe even three.
- Kaylie: I can't concentrate with you yelling and this is not a toothpaste commercial!
- Payson(about Lauren): If someone doesn't hold me back she's gonna get my heel up her bleached blond head.
- Kaylie: I'm not holding you back...
- Payson: It's Sasha Belov. What is there to discuss? This is awesome.
- Kaylie: Not if Lauren is a part of the package.
- Payson: Who cares? It's Sasha Belov.
- Kaylie: I care. Whatever happened to your foot upside her head?
- Payson: Kaylie. It's Sasha Belov!
- Kaylie: Does the man speak?
Sunday, Bloody Sasha, Sunday [1.4]
- Lauren: (to Summer's pastor) What are you, e-Harmony?!
- Lauren: I don't get it. Why are we here?
- Sasha Belov: Well, neither do I, I thought you all wanted to be exceptional. I thought you wanted to be Olympic gymnasts, but apparently I was wrong. Apparently, you're the kind of teenagers who want to go to parties and get drunk so hey- let's get stupid!
- Sasha: Did you know- a sheep's so dumb that if the lead sheep jumps off a cliff, the rest will follow- Maa-aa-aa!
- Sasha: By burning your resentments towards each other, we can start over. But first, I'll read them aloud!
- Payson's Resentments: I resent that no one trains as hard as I do or wants this as much as I do. I also resent that Sasha doesn't seem to realize I'm better than everyone else.
- Kaylie's Resentments: I resent that my best friend tried to get me kicked out of the gym and that she won't believe I'm not dating Carter.
- Lauren's Resentments: I resent that my friends, who I've known and trained with for ten years, didn't stand up for me when Miss Trailer-Trash showed up and knocked me out of third place, which only happened because I had a bad day, not because she's better than me because she has no technique and no consistency and will tank at Nationals next week!
- Emily's Resentments: I resent that no one has made me feel welcome.
- Kim Keeler: What is that?
- Sasha: My house. It's just to live in it, what did you think?
- Kim: You're gonna live in the parking lot?
- Sasha: I prefer a short commute.
Like Mother, Like Daughter, Like Supermodel [1.05]
- Chloe: Emily, think: What would Carrie Bradshaw do?
- Sasha: This sport is about more than perfection and athleticism. It's about grace and beauty, as well.
- Chloe: (about Sasha) That's the new coach?! He is one hot crumpet!
Between a Rock and a Hard Place [1.06]
- Payson: Nationals are three weeks away. I don't have time to be nervous.
- Lauren: I can't believe Denver has Kelly Parker now. We're screwed.
- Emily: Is she as full of herself as she comes off in interviews?
- Kaylie: She's worse.
- Payson: (to her mother) Don't you get it?! I'm not trying out for the cheerleading squad, I'm trying to get to the Olympics!
- Payson: Injuries are a part of the sport. I know when I can push through them, and when I can't.
Run, Emily, Run [1.07]
- Sasha: You have an amazing talent inside of you, Emily Kmetko, but you won't be able to find it on your own.
- Chloe: Oh, honey, you know how men are: they like to beat on their chests and do their Tarzan yell; it makes them feel better. Then later, usually at night, they realize that they need us...sorry, that took a wrong turn somewhere.
- Emily: This is a bad idea. A bad, bad idea!
- Damon: If "bad" you mean "badass/kickass", you're welcome.
- Emily: We could get arrested.
- Damon: No risk, no reward. Worst case scenario, you're the first person in your family to do hard time.
- Emily: Third, actually.
- Damon: The more I find out about you, Kmetko, the more I find intriguing.
- Emily [to Damon]: You can pick locks?!
- Damon: Yeah, while you were learning backflips and cartwheels, guess what I was doing?
- Emily: Your father must be so proud...
- Damon: Who do you think taught me?
All's Fair In Love, War and Gymnastics [1.08]
- Emily: I'm showing Sasha my new floor routine today.
- Chloe: (under her breath) I'd sure like to "floor" him with my routine...
- Emily: Classical's not really my style.
- Sasha: You're not picking out music for your MySpace page, Kmetko.
- Ronnie [to Kaylie]: I bought these at that health food store downtown: gluten-free, fat-free, sugar-free!
- Kaylie: Congratulations. You bought flavor-free cupcakes.
- Ronnie: We need a drink! Wine or vodka?
- Ronnie and Chloe: (together) Vodka.
Where's Kaylie? [1.09]
- Sasha: (to Carter) It has come to my attention that you have had an inappropriate relationship with one of my gymnasts. My source didn't reveal the name of the girl, so I'm going to ask you: who is she?
- Sasha: It's easy to be gracious when you think no one can touch you.
- Emily: (to Chloe) You can screw up your life all you want, but you are done screwing up mine!
- Payson: I can't just give up my dream of going to the Olympics! It's everything I ever wanted. It's my entire life. It's everything I am.
All That Glitters [1.10]
- Lauren (holding up Kelly Parker's gym bag): Guess whose? I got that dweeb at the front desk to slip me her key, then I waited until she and her little devil worshippers left for dinner. ...So?
- Kaylie: We have like 5 minutes until lights out.
- Emily: Then we'd better hurry. (To Payson and Kaylie) Come on you two! (The girls run out of the room and into the hallway, where they are stopped by Sasha coming out of his room)
- Sasha: Ladies...
- Payson, Emily, Kaylie, and Lauren: Hey... Hi...
- Sasha: Would you mind telling me where you're going? In your pyjamas?
- Emily: We're just going to the gift shop for magazines... And toiletries...
- Sasha: Toiletries?
- Emily: Tampons... (Sasha looks very embarrassed and awkward) I swear as team captain that I will have us all back by lights out.
- Sasha: OK. (Girls turn to leave with Lauren still hiding Kelly Parker's bag behind her back) Girls... One more thing. (They all stop with their backs to him) What's in the bag?
- Emily: ...Kelly Parker's head?
- Sasha: ...Carry on.
Follow The Leader [1.12]
- Emily: Having your coach be the National Team coach is a huge advantage; and one I could definitely use since I barely made the team.
- Emily: Gumby Girls don't always bend. Sometimes we break.
- Carter: (to Kaylie) You can hurt me, you can lash out at me, but we are soul mates, and I am not giving up on you!
- Razor: Emily Kmetko, girl genius and flippity-flop artist!
California Girls [1.13]
- Summer: So, you're a man of no faith?
- Sasha: Oh, I have faith in facts. See, the good thing about fact is you don't need any voodoo mumbo-jumbo to prop them up.
- Emily (to Damon): Why can't you just sing your own song?
- Damon: I'm not as brave as you.
- Lauren: (about Kaylie) I don't see why she's the only one getting her picture taken. Fourth isn't that far off from first. Besides, I don't look bloated in pictures. (looks at Emily) What? You can't fake bone structure!
Are We Having Fun Yet? [1.14]
- Payson: All I want is to be invisible.
- Kaylie: I beat all the other best gymnasts in the country. Why doesn't anyone think I would have beat Payson, too?!
- Emily: I was the new girl at three different schools before I was the new girl at The Rock. If it's any consolation, I know exactly what you're going through.
- Payson: No offense, Emily, you don't. Being the new girl might suck, but at least you still have gymnastics. I don't have anything.
- Morgan (about Payson): Look, ladies, I just got tumbling advice from a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. What's next? A zombie's gonna tutor me in speech class?
- Kim: Sometimes I think we let them get so medal-driven that they forget why they love gymnastics in the first place. Payson never forgot that. She always loved sharing her love of the sport.
- Emily (about Payson): Today's her first day.
- Kaylie: Yeah, I wonder how it's going.
- Lauren: Well, let's see: she's been home-schooled since sixth grade, she has no friends, she's starting mid-year, and she's wearing a back brace. How do you think it's going?
Loves Me, Loves Me Not [1.15]
- Lauren: (about Chloe) If she were my mother, I'd check myself into an orphanage.
Save the Last Dance [1.16]
- Emily: Gymnastics is my only way out. It's the only thing that's going to save me from ending up like my mother.
- Razor (to Emily): Okay, so how mad at me are you?
- Emily: On a scale of one-to-ten? Eleven.
- Lauren: We're going to prom?!
- Kaylie: Only if Payson says it's okay.
- Lauren (to Kaylie): Why?
- Lauren (to Payson): Oh right...If you don't go to prom I'll never speak to you again.
- Payson: Okay, fine, I'll go.
- Kaylie & Lauren: We're going to prom!!!
Hope and Faith [1.17]
- Chloe (to Emily): It's nice to have at least one extravagant thing in your closet. It makes you feel like a winner!
- Emily: I don't have a closet. And it makes me feel like a charity case.
- Emily: What about the strict "No Dating Policy"?!
- Chloe: That policy doesn't affect parents, Miss Kettle-Black-Caller!
- Sasha: How can I expect you girls to control your emotions when your coach can't even control his?
- Lauren: Personally, I thought you were awesome.
- Sasha: They think we're renegades now? They haven't seen anything yet.
The Great Wall [1.18]
- Payson: I didn't go through this surgery for nothing. I'm gonna be better than I ever was.
- Ronnie: I still can't believe he convinced the Chinese team to come here.
- Chloe: Oh, you know Sasha. He could sell ice to an Eskimo.
- Ronnie: (to Summer) Next time you might want to consider keeping your mouth closed.
- Chloe: (to Ronnie) Or your legs.
- Kim: Come on, now. Water under the bridge.
- Chloe: Full steam ahead! (imitates a ship's horn) Toot-toot!
- Summer: I can't do this.
- Sasha: You talking about the job, or what's going on between us?
- Summer: There is nothing going on between us.
- Sasha: Now who's lying?
The Only Thing We Have to Fear... [1.19]
- Lauren (to Kaylie about embarrassing moments): At least I didn't lose a tenth of a point for pulling my Leo out of my butt crack during my routine!
- Summer Van Horne: Most of these are from Ellen Beale's. "Please return, urgent, very urgent, you better blank blank call me!"
- Damon Young: (to Carter Anderson) So, you were dating the nice brunette one, then you hooked up with the bossy blonde one, and now you're back with the first one?
The Only Thing We Have to Fear ... [1.19]
- Damon: (to Carter) So, you were dating the nice brunette one. Then you hooked up with the bossy blonde one. But now you're back with the first one?
- Sasha: This is a gym, not a discotech. Less gossiping and more sweating!
- Emily: I'll quit. I'll quit right now!
- Suzie: No, no. You will not quit...
- Sasha: (screams) I said "GET THE HELL OUT!"
Are We Family? [1.20]
- Ellen: Kaylie, we had a deal.
- Alex: My daughter doesn't make deals with the devil.
- Emily: I've come too far to be passed over. Gymnastics is my life, and I won't let anything, or anyone, get in the way.
- American Reporter #2: Any plans for Nationals next year?
- Payson: Just to win it!
- Genji Cho: That was very good, Kaylie...for you being so old.
Friends Close, Enemies Closer [2.01]
- Lauren: (to Emily) Cha-ching! Did you hear that? That's the sound of my father slipping money into your mother's G-string.
- Payson: The Olympics is less than two years away. I have the rest of my life to be a woman, but right now all I want to be is a gymnast.
- Chloe: So, Steve, I would appreciate it if you'd keep your money in your pocket.
- Steve: Okay, I will keep my money in my pocket.
All or Nothing [2.02]
- Kaylie (to Austin): Did you hit your head on a dismount or something?!
- Austin: A couple of times.
- Kaylie: I am happy about every single crappy thing you've ever done to me, cause it's only made me a better gymnast.
- Lauren: I was better than you today.
- Kaylie: We'll see.
- Steve: Honey, the only French I know I picked up from a talking candelstick in Beauty and the Beast.
- Lauren: I was saying I am NOT going all the way to France to be an alternate.
- Steve: Yes, you are, and you will kiss Ellen Beals' derriere to let her know how grateful you are. How's that for French?
Battle of the Flexes [2.03]
- Sasha: What? Has standing and staring become an Olympic sport? Get moving!
And the Rocky Goes To... [2.04]
- Chloe: (to Emily) Honey, you've spent your entire life training in leos from outlet malls, and it's high-time you look like the winner you are. Inside and out.
- Payson: I can't be a power gymnast which leaves the field of prancing around to conquer.
- Alex: (to Steve) Who would have known when we founded this gym that one day my daughter would be National Champion and Gymnast of the Year. And your daughter, well, I'm sure she'll win something someday.
- Chloe: (to Lauren) Honey, if you can balance on a four-inch beam, don't tell me you can't balance a 24-oz. beverage!
I Won't Dance, Don't Ask Me [2.05]
- Ronnie: (seeing Steve and Chloe kissing) Oh, this must be how Satan amuses himself in his free time.
- Austin: My family moved to Dallas for my training and lived out of a van for three months.
- Emily: Sounds very Scooby Doo.
- Austin: Minus the wacky mysteries...and Velma.
- Payson: Sasha wants me to start in the center of the mat and bloom like a freaking flower!
- Kaylie: (to Lauren) Looks like the only floor routine you're working on has you on your back.
Party Gone Out of Bounds [2.06]
- Chloe: What if Lauren catches me sneaking out...
- (Lauren comes around the corner)
- Lauren: Like a common tramp!
- Steve: What are you doing up this early?
:Lauren: I had a bad dream...and woke up to a nightmare.
- Kaylie: Remember what happened the last time we went to a party? Things got totally out of control.
- Payson: As I recall, you got totally out of control.
- Lauren: Who? Kegstand Kaylie?
- Summer: I'm feeling a little guilty about telling Lauren a fib.
- Sasha: A fib? Well, I hope God doesn't smite you down with a bolt of lightning.
What Are You Made Of? [2.07]
- Emily: (to Chloe) Did you have a good time in Richie Rich Land? Lounging on comfortable furniture, and eating good food in a clean house?
- Madame Fiola: (about Payson's ballet) This really isn't difficult. You're making it look as ghastly as the Macarena.
- Marty: (to Ellen) Lady, it's not your will that will make the best gymnast. It's their heart.
- Kelly: (to Kaylie, about her eating disorder) I'll keep your secret...I'm just telling you: be careful.
Rock Bottom [2.08]
- Lauren: (to Chloe) You would think that with all the money you took from my father that you would buy a dress that actually fits your body.
- Mark: (to Kim) If you think you can buy my vote in exchange for sexual favors, you're absolutely right.
If Only.. [2.09]
- Summer (during Steve's speech): Did he just compare Sasha to Hitler?!
- Kaylie: (to Lauren) So, do you rehearse these little evil acts of yours, or do they come to you on the spot?
At the Edge of the Worlds [2.10]
- Emily: Can you imagine me telling Ellen Beals, "Sorry, I have a conflict. I might be in jail that day"?
- Sasha: Payson, the only question you need to concern yourself about is this: are you ready, right now, to meet your destiny?
- Kaylie: And what gives you the right to be worried about me? Or lecture me or talk to my parents behind my back?
- Austin: You don't want to know.
- Kaylie: Yeah, I do.
- Austin: What the hell. The first time I saw you, I knew there was something special about you. Before you get a big head, it's not the way you look, 'cause I've dated cuter girls. And it ain't your zesty personality, 'cause you can be a real pain in the ass.
- Kaylie: Well, please, go on.
- Austin: I haven't figured the rest out. I haven't figured you out but I want to. Because once I do, I think I might fall in love with you.
- Kaylie: Are you crazy?
- Austin: I must be. But you asked. And I realize I've probably ruined any chance I have with you by showing up like this. But if I can help you, then it's worth it.
The New Normal [2.11]
- Payson: (to Kim) How do we know what Sasha would want or wouldn't want? We don't, because he's gone.
- Emily: I am just so scared that everything I've worked so hard for is all going to be taken away.
- Maeve: I don't belong here either, Kaylie. Neither of us do. This is my third rehab in two years. I've got it pretty wired, and I can help you get out.