Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Cute in Ireland meant cunning and devious … And I'm not sure that I'm not.
- I left school at age 13. I was illiterate with no role models. The great psychobabble today is the dysfunctional family. Well, I've never met one that was functional. In Limerick, a family that was dysfunctional was one who could afford to drink but didn't.
- I had the taste of the alcohol since I was 11 … It allowed me to be clever, charming and to behave outrageously. Acting also allowed me not to be me. So I could indulge every fantasy in this paradise of America.
- On his brother Frank: He's an amazing man … When he was 12, one of our schoolmasters said: "My boy, you are a literary genius. My strong suggestion is to go to America. They will appreciate you there." Over the years I've read what he's written that never got published, and I always said it still holds. He is a literary genius. Also the most nonjudgmental decent guy. He forgives.
- Malachy's Personal Website
- Malachy McCourt on IMDb
- Anti-War Speech by McCourt (31 October 2006)
- A Couple of Blaguards, the stageplay Malachy performed with his brother, Frank
- on YouTube
A song about McCourt's bar on Third Avenue. By Maggie and Terre Roch