Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mamata Banerjee also known as Didi, born 5 January 1955) is an Indian politician serving as the 8th and current Chief Minister of West Bengal since 2011.
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Everyday rape incidents are being highlighted as if the entire state has become the land of rapists. Rape is sought to be glorified by these people. This will not be tolerated by people. I would like to say that negative journalism only destroys and it is time to champion positive journalism.
- A political party is doing all this, shouting rape. The harmads are playing this drama, They are staging an act with the help of harmads, which is giving Bengal a bad name.
- I keep knowledge of every inch of the elections. After the election, the security personnel sent by the central government will go back, but if our government is formed then the BJP supporters will plead with folded hands for the central security forces to be stationed for a few more days so that they (BJP supporters) could be saved.
- I am requesting my minority brothers and sisters with folded hands don’t divide the Muslim votes after listening to the Shaitan who has taken money from the BJP. He passes many communal statements and initiate clashes between the Hindu and the Muslims... “a friend of BJP has come from Hyderabad. Along with a boy from Furfura Sharif he is spending crores of rupees and giving communal slogans. They are not only trying to divide Hindus and Muslims, but even attempting to split the Muslim votes.
- A procession will be taken out with the dead bodies of those fired upon by the CRPF, and all the CRPF personnel involved will be suspended and sent behind bars after cases are filed against them through lawyers.
- April 2021. Alleged comments of Mamata according to leaked audio. From ‘marching with dead bodies’ to ‘arresting CRPF and everybody’ to ‘detention camps,’ Mamata’s leaked audio shows her evil side 
- Recently you have said ‘all Muslims unite and don’t let your votes be divided’. When you are saying this it means that your Muslim vote bank, which you considered your strength, is no longer with you.. Muslims have drifted away from you. Since you have to say this publicly it is clear that you have lost elections.. The mood of the people can tell which way the wind is blowing. One can guess the outcome of the elections from your anger, frustration, behaviour and speeches... Didi, you are abusive towards the Election Commission. But had we asked the Hindus to unite and vote for BJP, we would have got eight or ten notices from the Election Commission. Editorials would have been written about us in the entire country.
- Mamata Banerjee criticized everything of the Left government but she did the same thing what Left Front government did to me," ..Mamata Banerjee's thinking to get Muslim votes is the same; she thought she would lose Muslim votes if she allowed me to enter West Bengal," ..."I do not think Mamata Banerjee is a human rights defender. There are many people in West Bengal who criticised her and suffered a lot ....Human rights have been violated in West Bengal.
- Taslima Nasrin about Mamata, Outlook India
- Many of my books are banned in Bangladesh. My book was banned in West Bengal too. Its government not only banned my book, it forced me to leave the state too. The new government banned the release of my book Nirbasan in 2012 and a few months ago forced a TV channel called Akash Ath to stop telecast of a mega serial I wrote. The serial was about women’s struggle and how three sisters living in Calcutta fight against patriarchal oppression to live their lives with dignity and honour. She (Mamata Banerjee) banned me to appease some misogynist mullahs.
- Taslima Nasrin, quoted in Outlook India, Outlook India
- I had expected that the situation in West Bengal will change after Mamata came to power. But I was wrong. I found her harsher than the earlier Left Front government... Politicians are all on the same platform when it comes down to me. I think it’s because they think that if they can satisfy the Muslim fundamentalists they will get votes. I believe I am a victim of votebank politics. This also shows that how weak the democracy is and politicians ask votes by banning a writer ... Even though I am not staying there, she (Banerjee) has not allowed my book ‘Nirbasan’ to be published. Also, she has stopped the broadcast of a TV serial scripted by me after Muslim fundamentalists objected to it. She is not allowing me to enter the state… This is a dangerous opposition ... I wrote to Mamata Banerjee. But there was no response to that… No I am not going to write to her again. I do not think she will consider my request. I feel very hopeless because I expected something positive. I think when it comes down to me, she has similar vision like that of the Left leaders.
- Taslima Nasrin about Mamata, Indian Express
- “The producer and director were developing my story to a mega series. They had shot around 100 episodes after which the ban was imposed. The Muslim fanatics in Bengal, supported by the ruling Trinamool Congress played havoc when the serial was to be aired. The chief minister was instrumental in imposing the ban. It is interesting to see that the same person (Mamata Bangerjee) is now advocating for freedom of expression and calling it super emergency,” “This is sheer double standard..... If some people do not like a representation of art, there are other ways to counter it. I never support violent attack on artistic freedom. I also do not support the trend of issuing fatwa. But, there are politicians, who support or protest on the basis of religion. Why are rules being tweaked for one particular community in Bengal? Why did Mamata Banerjee’s government never allow me to work there, allow my books to be published? Freedom of expression, the most important character of a democracy, is always under attack for vested political interest. Nobody criticises things neutrally,”
- Taslima Nasrin about Mamata, Economic Times
- The “sleeping Hindus of Bengal” have been “awakened by her excesses” ... [Banerjee was responsible] “for her own downfall.”
- She is like an unleashed monster.
- Kangana Ranaut, Twitter May 2021,  Her account was suspended for the tweet.