Jump to navigation Jump to search
It's just you and me now, sport… (taglines)
- It's just you and me now, sport. And I'm going to find you, goddamn it.
- You rearrange the dead families into an audience to see what you do. You think that what you do will make you into something different. You are becoming. What is it you think you're becoming? The answer is in the way you use the mirrors. What do the mirrors make you dream you're becoming?
- Before me, you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is in your nature to do one thing correctly: Tremble. But fear is not what you owe me. No, Lounds... you and the others — you owe me awe!
- Take my word for it. I'm smiling.
- You came here to get a look at me, to get the old scent back again, didn't you? Would you like to leave me your home phone number? Do you know how you caught me? The reason you caught me, Will, is we're just alike. Do you understand? Smell yourself.
- Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight, Will? It appears quite black.
- If one does what God does enough times, one will become as God is.
- Will Graham: I need your help, Dr. Lecktor.
- Hannibal Lecktor: Why should I?
- Will Graham: There are things you don't have — library privileges, computer access. I'd speak to the chief of staff. And there's another reason.
- Hannibal Lecktor: Pray tell.
- Will Graham: I thought you might enjoy the challenge — find out if you're smarter than the person I'm looking for.
- Hannibal Lecktor: Then, by implication, you think you're smarter than I am, since you caught me.
- Will Graham: I know that I'm not smarter than you.
- Hannibal Lecktor: Then how did you catch me?
- Will Graham: You had disadvantages.
- Hannibal Lecktor: What disadvantages?
- Will Graham: You're insane.
- Freddy Lounds: How does working on this case affect your sex life?
- Will Graham: Mine? It doesn't affect mine. It affects yours. Go fuck yourself.
- [Dollarhyde has kidnapped Lounds]
- Francis Dollarhyde: Do you know who I am?
- Freddy Lounds: No. I don't want to know who you are.
- Francis Dollarhyde: According to you, I'm a pervert — an animal, you said. You know who I am now?
- Freddy Lounds: [afraid] Yes.
- Francis Dollarhyde: Do you feel privileged?
- Freddy Lounds: I'm very scared.
- [Dollarhyde tears off Lounds' blindfold. Lounds keeps his eyes shut]
- Francis Dollarhyde: Open your eyes. Mr. Lounds, you're a reporter, I want you to report. That's why you're here. Open your eyes or I'll staple your eyelids to your forehead!
- [Lounds opens his eyes to see Dollarhyde wearing a stocking mask]
- Francis Dollarhyde: Well, here I... am.
- Hannibal Lecktor: Hello, Will. I want to congratulate you on the job you did on Mr. Lounds. I admire that enormously — oh, what a cunning boy you are!
- Will Graham: I'm sick of you crazy sons of bitches, Lecktor. You got something to say, say it.
- Hannibal Lecktor: I want to help you. You would be more comfortable if you would relax with yourself. We don't invent our natures; they're issued to us, along with our lungs and pancreas and everything else. Why fight it?
- Will Graham: Fight what?
- Hannibal Lecktor: Did you really feel so depressed after you shot Mr. Garret Jacob Hobbs to death? I didn't know you then, but I think you probably did. But it wasn't the act that got you so down. Didn't you feel so bad because killing him felt so good? And why shouldn't it feel good? It must feel good to God. He does it all the time. God's terrific. He dropped a roof on 34 of His worshipers last Wednesday night as they were groveling through a hymn to His majesty. Don't you think that felt good?
- Will Graham: Why does it feel good, Dr. Lecktor?
- Hannibal Lecktor: It feels good, Will, because God has power. If one does what God does enough times, one will become as God is.
- Jack Crawford: [about the Tooth Fairy] You feel sorry for him.
- Will Graham: This started from an abused kid, a battered infant... My heart bleeds for him, as a child. Someone took a kid and manufactured a monster. At the same time, as an adult, he's irredeemable. He butchers whole families to pursue trivial fantasies. As an adult, someone should blow the sick fuck out of his socks. Does that sound like a contradiction to you, Jack? Does this kind of thinking make you uncomfortable?
- Jack Crawford: Look, admit we struck out this month. The Lear jet is standing by. The basic lab stuff is on it. You, Zeller, Jimmy Price, the photographer. Anywhere he hits, we can be there in an hour and fifteen minutes. We get the call, we roll. The scene will be fresh. Fresher then we've ever had it.
- Will Graham: It's not over yet.
- Jack Crawford: Oh, for Christ's sake, it's a foregone conclusion! It's 11:30 P.M., the full moon is happening tonight. Give it up. Forget this month. It's too damn late.
- Will Graham: I gave it up! Till you showed up with pictures of two dead families, knowing goddamn well that I'd imagine families three, four, five and six. Right?
- Jack Crawford: You're fucking right I did! And I'd do it again!
- Will Graham: Great! But don't talk to me about late, pal! I'll tell you when it's too fucking late! Until then, we go as late as I wanna take it!
- Reba McClane: Who is it?
- Francis Dollarhyde: It's me.
- Reba McClane: Who? Who is it?
- Francis Dollarhyde: It's me.
- Reba McClane: [opens the door] Oh. Francis?
- Francis Dollarhyde: No. Not Francis. Francis is gone. Francis is gone forever.
- Will Graham: I thought I had to work things out and call you after.
- Molly Graham: I thought I wouldn't wait.
- It's just you and me now, sport…
- Enter the mind of a serial killer… you may never come back
- Will Graham has the mind of a psychopath. Thank God he's on the right side of the law
- William Petersen — Will Graham
- Tom Noonan — Francis Dollarhyde (aka The Tooth Fairy)
- Brian Cox — Hannibal Lecktor
- Dennis Farina - Jack Crawford
- Joan Allen - Reba McClane
- Stephen Lang - Freddy Lounds
- Benjamin Hendrickson - Frederick Chilton
- Kim Greist - Molly Graham