Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a journalist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- There will always be the poor as long as there are the rich.
- Irrespective of whether you are a freelance humanitarian or a freelance patriot, a fact that is beyond dispute is that the country treats its poor very badly. Across India, in the name of fighting a pandemic, India has beaten up its poor, denied them their livelihood, made them run behind trucks for food, and forced thousands of families to walk hundreds of kilometres to their villages, letting some people die on the way. A few days ago, more than a dozen men travelled inside a cement mixer to escape detection.
- India’s very definition of comfort is a state of being that is inaccessible to the poor. Often, we pay not for the quality of service, experience, home or education, but for keeping the poor out. Low standards for the poor are embedded in all the cures that India prescribes for poverty.
- "Can you take it Manu Joseph?" newslaundry.com, 19 July 2012.
- Huffington Post interview, 18 September 2010.