Maria Vladimirovna Zakharova (Russian: Мария Владимировна Захарова, born 24 December 1975) is the Director of the Information and Press Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation from 10 August 2015. She has a degree of Candidate in Historical Sciences, the Russian equivalent of a PhD.
- Let me speak or you will really hear what Russian missiles sound like!
- "Meet The Woman Who Is Proudly Russia’s Troll-In-Chief", Buzz Feed News, 22 October 2018
- We noticed the unprecedented campaign launched in Greece to defame Russia’s policy. Senior officials in Athens allow themselves to make crude accusations against our country and its leadership, they are literally competing with their like-minded people. They hypocritically speak of an “unprovoked attack” against Ukraine, for the first time since World War II, a “mass invasion” and so on.
- "Russia Accuses Greece’s Leadership of Propaganda in Ukraine War", Greek Reporter, 7 March 2022
- We are not responsible for the lives of our citizens who have opted to take part in illegal armed activities in Ukraine. Any armed activities against Russian forces will be immediately stopped and armed groups of foreign mercenaries will be eliminated.
- It is well known to everyone that the Russian armed forces do not bomb cities.
- Claimed without providing evidence, quoted in "Russia accuses Ukraine of trying to frame it over Mariupol theatre attack", Reuters, 17 March 2022
- These terrible, criminal fake (images) were published in order to justify another pre-arranged sanctions package, including a large-scale expulsion of diplomats from different countries.
- Claimed about pictures and videos from the Bucha massacre, quoted in "Moscow says Bucha accusations meant to derail peace talks, justify more sanctions", Euronews, 7 April 2022
- YouTube has signed its own warrant.
- Claimed after YouTube blocked content from the Russian Duma, quoted in "YouTube Blocks Russian Parliament Channel Duma TV, Leading Russian Officials To Warn Of Retaliation", Forbes, 9. april 2022
- Who are the masters of provocation? Of course the United States and NATO.
- Claimed during the Russian invasion of Ukraine 2022, quoted in "'You couldn't share borscht' Lavrov's mouthpiece offers baffling excuse for Ukraine war", Express, 9. april 2022
- The Russian Armed Forces are carrying out precision strikes against military targets and are going to great lengths to avoid civilian casualties.
- Claimed without providing evidence, quoted in "Russia goes to great lengths to avoid civilian casualties — Foreign Ministry", TASS, 13 April 2022
- We have issued all our warnings both publicly and through bilateral channels. They [Sweden and Finland] know about it, they will have nothing to be surprised about, they were informed about everything, what will it lead to.
- Said about Russian reactions in case Finland and Sweden join NATO, quoted in "Russia warns Sweden, Finland about consequences of joining NATO", Firstpost, 20 April 2022
- The Ukraine that you and I had known, within the borders that used to be, no longer exists, and will never exist again. This is evident.
- "Ukraine in its previous borders no longer possible: Zakharova", Mehr News, 18 June 2022