Mark Rosenfelder also known as Zompist, is an American amateur linguist and computer programmer, creator of a fictional world called "Almea".
- The language organ evolved on Tuesday; language was invented on Wednesday; and everyone else in the world was eliminated on Thursday.
- No matter where Woody goes, he never seems to leave 1955.
- It’s a little too early to play curmudgeon and complain that the kids today don’t have the patience to read long web pages.
- About the paradigm change from static web pages to blogs.
- How did an entire ecosystem develop around dungeon exploration?
- I kind of wonder if people who are outraged at the movie saw the originals when they were 13-years-olds and didn’t realize that "cheesy" was registering as "awesome".
- A good skeptical mind doesn't waste itself on drugs or ideology, and prefers to break the rules in our minds, in the form of humor, rather than in real life.
- A nation needs clear rules on what happens in the case of a disputed succession. Surely there’s a Queen’s Bedchamber Mace or someone who knows.
- Discussing the results of the 2010 UK election
- What harms no other is not sin.
- A saying in Cuzeian theism
- The invariable sign of doctrines invented by men is confusion, contradiction, absurdity, and obscenity
- Idleness, theft, and viciousness dishonor your mother who in pain bore you.
- Some of the original tenets in Jippirasti, another Almean religion
- If he met resistance he threw men at it; if the obstacle was insurmountable he went around it; if the odds were hopeless he trusted in Jippir (God)
- About a leader of the Tžuro
- Words are devils, which may lead a man to pick up a sword; but they can never teach him to use it.
- A saying by Nyekhen, an early Almean general who became a culture hero