Mark Robert Warner (born December 15, 1954) is an American businessman and politician serving as the senior United States senator from Virginia, first elected in 2008. He is a member of the Democratic Party, vice chair of the Senate Democratic Caucus, and chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee. Before his Senate career, Warner was the 69th governor of Virginia, holding the office from 2002 to 2006.
- Today, the Senate voted on a proposal to restrict women’s reproductive health. While I was unable to vote today, I would have opposed this bill. Important medical decisions should be made between a woman and her doctor, not politicians in Washington.
- We are less than two weeks away from the end of the government budget year, and Republicans need to stop wasting time on political show votes and start working with Democrats on a bipartisan budget agreement that ends sequestration and protects our national and economic security
- "Sen. Warner Statement Opposing the Federal Abortion Ban" (September 22, 2015)
- Virginians stand with the Fairfax Jewish community.
- When we see anti-Semitic activities and when we see swastikas painted, that is an attack on all of us as Virginians.
- There's a reason why you only do tax policy in a major way every few years — it's really complicated
- "Senate Democrats target billionaires" (October 23, 2021)