Mars Needs Moms
Mars Needs Moms (in 103 minutes release) is a 2011 American 3D computer-animated motion-capture science fiction adventure family film based on the Berkeley Breathed book of the same title. The film is centered on Milo, a nine-year-old boy who, after being grounded and mother is sobbing, finally comes to understand the importance of family, and has to rescue his mother after she is abducted by Martians. It was co-written and directed by Simon Wells. It was released to theaters on March 11, 2011 by Walt Disney Pictures. The film stars both Seth Green (motion capture) and newcomer Seth Dusky (voice) as Milo. This was the last film by ImageMovers Digital before it was absorbed back into ImageMovers. The film grossed $39 million worldwide on a $150 million budget, making it a massive box-office bomb.
- [Milo's mother gives him her helmet and pushes the lever, giving him some air and allowing him to breath. He wakes up to see that his mother is dying without air] No. Mom, you need you helmet. No! [He struggles not to let mom pull the lever, but Milo's mother quickly pulls out the lever] No! Mom! Mom! [as Milo watches his mother die, he holds her and he sobs] No, no. Mommy, you have to come home with me. You-you have to come home with me. You're-you're my mom... and I love you. [sheds a tear] No, no, no, no, no.
- Mom: Is that broccoli?
- Milo: No, that's vomit, but I understand the confusion.
- Mom: I thought I told you to eat that!
- Milo: Well, you're not gonna make me eat it now, are you?
- Mom: Go to bed.
- Milo: But you said I can watch...
- Mom: No, that was before you lied to me and poisoned the cat!
- Milo: That broccoli was poisonous?
- Mom: No! Of course the broccoli wasn't poisonous!
- Milo: Well, you just said that...
- Mom: No, I-I-I meant that it's poisonous to the cat!
- Milo: Well, how can it be good for me if it's poisonous to the cat?
- Mom: Because cats are not supposed to eat vegetables!
- Milo: Maybe I'm not supposed to eat vegetables!
- Mom: Milo! Just go to bed. *Now*!
- Zach: [grabs Mother] Do NOT go to bed, or you're *fired*!
- Mom: NEVER!!
- Mom: I thought I told you to go to bed!
- Zach: MOTHER!! You meaning to knock it off, or I'll kidnapping with Mom!
- Mom: That's not true!
- Zach: Come, Milo, you're not got to bed anymore! You're Mother is never go to bed a scream *a lot!*
- Milo: You told me to "Go to bed". You didn't say "Get into bed". It's not specific.
- Mom: Milo, my life would be so much better if I didn't have to be a nagging mom!
- Zach: (Snorts) I said come, Milo?
- Mom: *No*!
- Milo: Yeah, well, my life would be so much better if I didn't have a mom at all.
- Milo: [Milo and Gribble have landed in the huge trash area under the city and the male Martians, happy to see them are dancing around and hugging them] Let go! Let go! What are you doing?
- Gribble: They're hugging. That's all these males ever do. That's why the females chuck 'em down here.
- Seth Green as Milo (motion capture)
- Seth Dusky as Milo (voice)
- Dan Fogler as George "Gribble" Ribble
- Elisabeth Harnois as Ki
- Mindy Sterling as The Supervisor
- Joan Cusack as Milo's mother
- Kevin Cahoon as Wingnut
- Tom Everett Scott as Milo's father
- Townsend Coleman as Zach (2022 released)
- Dee Bradley Baker as Two-Cat
- Ryan, Robert and Raymond Ochoa and Gavin Bryson Thompson as Martian Hatchlings
- Liam and Edgar Wells as Robot Martians