- In my mind and my heart, I feel like I'm the better player. But I feel like I'm better than anybody who ever played the game, but that's just how it is, that's the only way you can succeed. And in his mind, he (Jackson) feels like he's the better player and the best player who has ever played the position. You have to have that attitude to succeed, but you can't have the ego to the point where you don't understand how him starting and me playing the role helps the team.
- USA Today 2005-08-02.
- There are people who grew up in rough environments, and you just don't hear about it. And they make it in business. They're doctors. They're lawyers. But we're not talking about that. I don't think that makes me what I am. What makes me what I am is that you have success, but you keep your head on straight and you make the right decisions in life.
- Sports Illustrated January 2002.
- I think as a kid I never really understood the magnitude of a hurricane and what it could do.
- St. Louis Post Dispatch 2005-08-31.
- I'd not only be cheating myself, but I'd be cheating my teammates if I continued to make the money that I was making and wasn't producing or putting out to the level of payment that I was receiving. That's just me.
- The Seattle Times 2005-09-08.
|This sports figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|