Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (film)
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is a 1994 film about a brilliant but unorthodox scientist Victor Frankenstein who artificially creates and gives life to a humanoid being. When he abandons his creation, it escapes and later swears revenge.
- I busied myself to think of a story - - which would speak to the mysterious fears of our nature - - and awaken thrilling horror. One to make the reader dread to look around. To curdle the blood and quicken the beatings of the heart.
-Opening line taken from the introduction of the Novel
- Victor Frankenstein: I haven't got time to argue!
- Elizabeth: Oh, isn't it convenient? Or doesn't it fit in with your plans? Don't you ever think of anything or anyone than yourself?
- The Creature: What kind of people is it in which I am comprised? Good people? Bad people?
- Victor Frankenstein: Materials. Nothing more.
- The Creature: You're wrong. [Picks up recorder] Did you know I knew how to play this? From which part of me did this knowledge reside? From this mind? From these hands? From this heart? And reading and speaking. Not so much things learned as things remembered.
- Victor Frankenstein: Slight trace waves in the brain perhaps.
- The Creature: Did you ever consider the consequences of your actions? You made me, and you left me to die. Who am I?
- Victor Frankenstein: You? I don't know.
- The Creature: And you think that I am evil.
- The Creature: I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine, and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
- Victor Frankenstein: Do you share my madness?
- Walton: No, not madness.
- Victor Frankenstein: What, then?
- Walton: There is a passage to the North Pole. And I will find it!
- Victor Frankenstein: At the cost of your own life and the lives of your own crew?
- Walton: Lives come and go. If we succeed, our names will live on forever. I will be hailed as the benefactor of our species.
- Victor Frankenstein: You're wrong. I of all men know that.
- Be warned. It's alive.
- It's Alive.
- Be warned.
- Robert De Niro — The Creature
- Kenneth Branagh — Victor Frankenstein
- Tom Hulce — Henry Clerval
- Helena Bonham Carter — Elizabeth
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|