Maryam Rajavi (born December 4, 1953) is the leader of the People's Mujahedin of Iran, an organization trying to overthrow the Iranian government. Rajavi is also the President-elect of National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) since 1993. As the President-elect of the NCRI, Maryam Rajavi has mounted an extraordinary political, social, cultural and ideological challenge to the ruling mullahs in Iran. Under her leadership, women have risen to hold key positions in the Iranian Resistance.
- In short, the regime ruling Iran is the axis of Islamic fundamentalism in terms of ideology, policies, money, weapons, and logistical support.
- Remark made on 29 April, 2015, in a testimony to The House Foreign Affairs Committee, Subcommittee on Terrorism, Non-Proliferation and Trade.
- I have come here to reiterate what you seek: The time has come for the regime’s overthrow. Victory is certain, and Iran will be free.
- Maryam Rajavi as quoted in The Washington Times (18 July 2018)
- In committing these crimes, the mullahs are testing Western governments. In such circumstances, a lack of resolve or a passive attitude by Western governments will intensify the regime’s terrorist actions.
- Maryam Rajavi as quoted in The Washington Times (24 September 2018)