At Last There is Nothing Left to Say
The following quotes are from a compilation of fictional writings by Matthew Good released under the title At Last There is Nothing Left to Say.
- I’d love to know the future. Even if it’s just the past all dressed up to make whatever comes next look good.
- It's like luggage their language.
- It is not unlike men to leave.
- I told him to smother Linda with a pillow while she was sleeping. All he said was “Can’t live with ’em, can’t smother ’em with a pillow." I disagreed.
- You will definitely not survive this next bit.
- I bought a garden hose the other day. I have no idea why. I do things like that from time to time. For example, I’ll go out intending to buy cereal and come home with two Filipino hookers and an application for the Entertainment Card.
- ...there is something larger that’s looming out there. A force that remains patient and silent. An entity that waits to teach a lesson that we have yet to grasp. It is much better to just lie there and let it roll over you like some immense army of unquestionable wonder.
- "What made you think of Valium anyway?" I said. "I don't know. Maybe it was all that Valium that I took?" she said.
- Good morning, sunshine, time to go.
The following are samples of lyrics from songs written or co-written by Matthew Good. They are sorted by album in reverse chronological order. Complete song lyrics can be found on his official website.
- Only killers call killing progress
White Light Rock & Roll Review
Alert Status Red
- Alert Status Red, but the sun comes up instead
Ambition is a tricky thing; it's like riding a unicycle over a dental floss tight rope over a wilderness of razor blades.
- 21st Century Living
Failing the Rorschach Test
- Mother told me to be something so I'm afraid enough to stay wide awake
- Searching for those defects, talking like it's a reflex.
Everything is Automatic
- This Karma machine only takes quarters.
Last of the Ghetto Astronauts
- Somewhere around the world someone would love to have my first world problems