Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mauricio Macri (born February 8, 1959) is an Argentine engineer, who serves as president of Argentina since 2015.
- I understand that many of the decisions I have taken are not so easy for many people.
- If there were any alternative to increasing tariffs, I would have taken it, but there is not.
- My concern is making things work. It is what my people need.
- I promised to tell people the truth. I don’t believe in messianic leaderships but in teamwork.
- It is not so easy to [rebalance] an economy after a decade of lies. They were taking Argentina towards the same kind of problems that Venezuela is facing now.
- Things cannot change in just seven months, but every day we improve a little bit more.
- We want to be part of the world, part of the future, part of the solution.
- I can’t understand how people can say they [Maduro's Venezuela] are practising democracy — that’s not democracy.
- This shows a different Argentina. There is a new generation in politics that wants to be part of the 21st century.