Maya & Miguel
Maya & Miguel is an American animated television series that aired on PBS Kids Go! from 2004 to 2007. The show chronicles the adventures of 10-year-old Latino twins, Maya and Miguel Santos, as they figure out how to leave their stamp on the world around them, and features their relatives and diverse neighborhood friends.
- Maya: He's getting away!
- Miguel: Maya, he's not a criminal.
Tito's Mexican Vacation
- Chrissy: Maya, have you ever heard the expression "less is more"?
- Maya: That is so weird. Miguel said the same thing to me just this morning.
I've Got to Be Mi-Guel
- Maya: Aah! You guys are driving me nuts!
- Miguel: Not cool.
- Tito: Not cool.
- Paco: Definitely not cool.
- Maya: I created a monster.
- Maya: Miguel!
- Tito: Not cool.
- Abuela: Definitely not cool.
- Miguel: [takes the keys before Maya could] I'm the oldest!
- Maya: Yeah, by three minutes.
- Maya: [about the chupacabra] It flew in the window and tried to grab Paco! But he fought back! Right, Pacquito?
- Paco: [squawk] Si! Uh...Paco fight back!
- Maya: He even got a piece of its wing! [shows paper cut-out and squeals as audience gasps] Now don't panic. The creature is probably going to fly back to Puerto Rico. But if I were you, I'd go home right now! Just in case!!
- Chrissy: [about the chupacabra] Is it here in the store?
- Maya: Uh, Maggie...uh, Chrissy, wait!
- Andy: [enters] Where'd it park its spaceship?
- Maya: Ooh. Spaceship?
- Andy: Yeah! Didn't you know? Chupacabras come from another solar system?
- Tito: Chupacabras?
- Andy: Well, everyone's talking about it all over the neighborhood!
- Chrissy: 5:00 at the community center, right?
- Tito: But Freddy and Cesar are expecting a big monster with big wings and big eyes and big teeth!
- Andy: A real live chupacabra?! That means a real UFO may be in our neighborhood! I'm posting this in the chat book right now!
- Maya: [narrating] Getting scared can be fun, like when you're watching an old monster movie. But sometimes, even fun scares can turn out to be...well, a little too scary.
I Love Maya
- [last lines of the series]
- Maya: It's a funny thing about making a commitment. Even though sometimes you don't want to follow through. Once you do, you're glad you did.
- Maya Santos and Tito Chávez (voiced by Candi Milo)
- Miguel Santos (voiced by Nika Futterman)
- Theo McEwen (voiced by Jerod Mixon)
- Maggie Lee (voiced by Lucy Liu)
- Chrissy Lum (voiced by Beth Payne)
- Andy Arlington (voiced by Jeannie Elias)
- Abuela Elena (voiced by Lupe Ontiveros)
- Paco (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui)
- Rosa Santos (voiced by Elizabeth Peña)
- Santiago Santos (voiced by Carlos Ponce)