Maze Runner: The Death Cure
Maze Runner: The Death Cure (also known simply as The Death Cure) is a 2018 American dystopian science fiction action film about young hero Thomas (Dylan O'Brien) who embarks on a mission to find a cure for a deadly disease known as the "Flare". It is the sequel to the 2015 film Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials and the third and final installment in the Maze Runner film series.
- Look, even if we find Minho, there's no guarantee we'll make it back from this.
- The world is dying. If we find a cure, that's the only way all of this was worth it.
- [Thomas: How many kids do they have to round up, torture, kill? Huh? When the hell does it stop?] It stops when we find a cure. [Thomas: There is no goddamn cure!]
- Well, you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you? Well, we started this together, may as well end it that way, too.
- Funny, Spent three years trapped behind walls, trying to break out, and now we wanna break back in.
- Yeah, we're all bloody inspired.
- Please, Tommy, please.
- [Last words] Tommy–
- [Voiceover as Thomas reads the letter] Dear Thomas, this is the first letter I can remember writing. Obviously, I don't know if I wrote any before the Maze. But even if it's not my first, it's likely to be my last. I want you to know that I'm not scared. Well, not of dying, anyway. It's more forgetting. It's losing myself to this virus, that's what scares me. So every night, I've been saying their names out loud. Alby, Winston, Chuck. And I just repeat them over and over like a prayer, and it– And it all comes flooding back. Just the little things like where the sun used to hit the Glade at that perfect moment right before it slipped beneath the walls. And I remember the taste of Frypan's stew. I never thought I'd miss that stuff so much. And I remember you. I remember the first time you came up in the Box, just a scared little Greenie who couldn't even remember his own name. But from that moment you ran into the Maze, I knew I would follow you anywhere. And I have. We all have. If I could do it all over again, I would. And I wouldn't change a thing. And my hope for you. Is when you're looking back years from now, you'll be able to say the same. The future's in your hands now, Tommy. And I know you'll find a way to do what's right. You always have. Take care of everyone for me. And take care of yourself. You deserve to be happy. Thank you for being my friend. Goodbye, mate. Newt.
- [Jorge: Do you know this guy?] He was an old friend.
- Tell Minho "Hi," for me.
- I didn't think there were any cities left.
- Those walls are new. I guess that's WCKD's answer for everything.
- You've had a bit of a setback. It's nothing we're not used to.
- [Last words] Oh, shit!
- Rose took my nose, I suppose.
- Don't be scared. I may not be pretty, but we all know who the enemies are, cowering behind those walls! They have a name for people like us in there. They call us Cranks! But I say that they are the monsters. They're the ones who started this war, but tonight, we will finish it. Follow me– Follow me, and we will show them the faces of the people that they have chosen to forget! Follow me, and this city is yours!
- YOU'RE A TRAITOR! WE TRUSTED YOU!
- I'LL KILL YOU! YOU TRAITOR! YOU KILLED THEM ALL!
- Why are you helping us, Gally? I put a spear through your chest.
- I fought back, Tried to, anyway.
- All I know is they kept talking about a city.
- You're lucky you found us at all, They had us on the move a lot. It felt like something big was happening.
- Alright, listen up. I know you've all been through hell. I wish I could say our troubles are over. But we're not through this yet. WCKD's still out there. They're not giving up. 'Cause you got something they want. They took you because you're immune to a plague that's wiping out the human race. And they think you're worth sacrificing to find a cure. Well, I don't. So in two days, when we get this tub of rust seaworthy, we're getting the hell outta here. We're gonna go to a place where WCKD will never find you. A place you can start over. A place you can call home. Are you with me?
- We have come a long way together. So many have sacrificed so much to make this place possible. Your friends. And your family. So here's to the ones who couldn't be here. Here's to the friends we lost. This place is for you. It's for all of us. But this– This is for them. So in your own time. In your own way. Come make your peace. And welcome to the safe haven!
- Hey, Greenie.
- [Newt: How? How is this possible? We watched you die.] No, you left me to die. And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now.
- I like her.
- You guys are nuts.
- Yeah, Nobody's perfect, man.
- Am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?
- You can't save everyone, Thomas. [Thomas: I can try.]
Dr. Ava Paige
- Thomas. You can save your friends, or you can save us all.
- [Last words] I promise. I will–
- Thomas: Look, even if we find Minho, there's no guarantee we'll make it back from this.
- Newt: Well, you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you? Well, we started this together, may as well end it that way, too.
- Brenda: Am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?
- Gally: [Smirks a little at Brenda's quip] I like her.
- Thomas: Do you regret it? What you did to us?
- Teresa: Sometimes. But I did what I thought was right.
- Dr. Ava Paige: Beautiful, isn't it?
- Janson: Yes. It's a lovely city.
- Dr. Ava Paige: The walls. It's amazing what people can accomplish when their survival's at stake. Squeeze them hard enough there's nothing they can't do. No line they won't cross.
- Janson: You've had a bit of a setback. It's nothing we're not used to.
- Dr. Ava Paige: Not this time. The virus is airborne; it's inside the walls. That serum was our last chance. Anyone not already infected will be inside of a month.
- Janson: Okay. We can handle this. We just need to evacuate essential personnel, set up at another safe zone further north. We've still got twenty-eight Immunes right here inside this building. We can find more.
- Dr. Ava Page: You would. You'd hunt every last one of them down till there was no one left. In spite of everything we've done to them, everything we've put them through, at least we gave them the tools they'll need to survive. Maybe they'll succeed where we failed.
- Janson: Are you really telling me that you're giving up? After everything?
- Dr. Ava Paige: It's not about giving up, Janson. It's about knowing when you've lost.
- [Thomas and Gally have brought Teresa to the church where Newt, Frypan, Brenda, and Jorge are.]
- Teresa: [Seeing that Gally is alive] Gally?
- Gally: Here's how this is gonna go. We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple. [Takes a chair] Where's Minho?
- Teresa: [Looking at Thomas] You guys don't seriously think–
- Gally: [Places the chair down and sits on it] Don't look at him. Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you. Now, we know you have Minho in the building. Where?
- Teresa: He's with the others in holding. Sub-Level Three.
- Newt: How many others?
- Teresa: Twenty-eight.
- Brenda: [Playing with cards] I can make that work.
- Teresa: No, no, you guys don't understand, the whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID.
- Thomas: That's why you're gonna come with us.
- Gally: Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her, right? [Walks over to the table and takes a scalpel] Not all of her. We just need her finger.
- Thomas: Gally, back off.
- Gally: What are you, squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho.
- Thomas: That's not the plan, back off. [Takes the scalpel from Gally]
- Teresa: It won't make a difference. Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up the–
- Thomas: We know. We're tagged. Property of WCKD. You're gonna help us with that, too. [Gives the scalpel to Teresa]
- Brenda: You can't save everyone, Thomas.
- Thomas: I can try.
- Thomas: How many kids do they have to round up, torture, kill? Huh? When the hell does it stop?
- Teresa: It stops when we find a cure.
- Thomas: There is no goddamn cure!
- Minho: Why are you helping us, Gally? I put a spear through your chest.
- Gally: Yeah, Nobody's perfect, man.
- Every Maze Has An End.
- The Time for Lies is Over.
- Who Will Make it to the WCKD End?
- The End Will Be WCKD.
- Dylan O'Brien as Thomas
- Kaya Scodelario as Teresa Agnes
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Newt
- Dexter Darden as Frypan
- Nathalie Emmanuel as Harriet
- Giancarlo Esposito as Jorge
- Aidan Gillen as Janson
- Walton Goggins as Lawrence
- Ki Hong Lee as Minho
- Jacob Lofland as Aris Jones
- Katherine McNamara as Sonya
- Barry Pepper as Vince
- Will Poulter as Gally
- Rosa Salazar as Brenda
- Patricia Clarkson as Dr. Ava Paige