Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (stylized onscreen simply as The Scorch Trials) is a 2015 American dystopian science fiction action thriller film based on James Dashner's novel The Scorch Trials, the second novel in The Maze Runner book series. The film is the sequel to the 2014 film The Maze Runner and the second installment in The Maze Runner film series.
- I never thought I'd say it... I miss the Glade.
- Janson: Thomas, thank you for seeing me. Sorry for the inconvenience; I was just hoping we could have a few moments to chat in private, away from the others. Well, I won't take up too much of your time. I may only have one question. What do you remember about WICKED? You're not in any trouble; we're just having a conversation. I'm just trying to understand.
- Thomas: Understand what?
- Janson: Whose side are you on?
- Thomas: I remember I used to work for WICKED. I remember that they sent me into the Maze. I remember watching my friends die in front of me. I'm on their side.
- Janson: Interesting. You say you worked for WICKED, but they sent you into the Maze. Why would they do that?
- Thomas: I don't know. Maybe you should've asked 'em before you killed 'em all!
- Janson: Good evening, Dr. Paige. Lovely to see you again. Although, I admit, I-I wasn't expecting to hear from you quite so soon.
- Dr. Ava Paige: Change in plans, Janson. I'll be arriving a little sooner than expected; first thing tomorrow.
- Janson: Oh, we'll be delighted to have you. I think you'll be pleased with the progress we've made. As you can see, early results have been extremely promising. Whatever it is you've been doing to them in there, it's working.
- Dr. Ava Paige: Not well enough. I've just received Board approval. I want all of the remaining subjects sedated and prepped for harvest by the time I arrive.
- Janson: Dr. Paige, we're going as fast as we can. We are still running tests–
- Dr. Ava Paige: Try something faster. Until I can guarantee their security, this is the best plan.
- Janson: Ma'am, security is my job; we're on 24-hour lockdown here. I can assure you, the assets are secure.
- Dr. Ava Paige: Have you found the Right Arm?
- Janson: Not yet. We've tracked them as far as the mountains–
- Dr. Ava Paige: So they're still out there. And they've already hit two of our installations. They want these kids as badly as we do. And I cannot– I cannot afford another loss. Not now, when I'm so close to a cure. If you are not up to the task, I will find someone who is.
- Janson: That won't be necessary. May I suggest we start with the most recent arrivals–
- Dr. Ava Paige: Just get it done. [Janson starts to leave] Janson. I don't want them to feel any pain.
- Janson: They won't feel a thing.
- Thomas: Open this door, Janson!
- Janson: You really don't want me to.
- Thomas: OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!
- Janson: Listen to me! I'm trying to save your life! The Maze was one thing, but you kids wouldn't last one day out in the Scorch. If the elements don't kill you, the Cranks will. Thomas, you have to believe me. I only want what's best for you.
- Thomas: Yeah, lemme guess– WICKED is good?
- Newt: I wish Alby could've seen all this.
- Thomas: And Winston. And Chuck.
- Newt: He'd be proud of you, you know, Tommy.
- Thomas: thanks ya old shank
- Jordan Christensen: quit your guy's smooching and hurry up we need to run if we want to make it on time.