Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (stylized onscreen simply as The Scorch Trials) is a 2015 American dystopian science fiction action thriller film based on James Dashner's novel The Scorch Trials, the second novel in The Maze Runner book series. The film is the sequel to the 2014 film The Maze Runner and the second installment in The Maze Runner film series.
- Maybe. But I know what Im supposed to do now. It's not just about Minho, it's about all of us. It's about everyone WCKD's ever taken. Everyone they will take. They'll never stop. They'll never stop, so I'm gonna stop them. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige.
- I remember mine. She was a beautiful woman. Everybody loved her. And before WCKD, she was all I had. When she got sick, I didn't know what to do. I just kept her locked up, hidden. I thought she'd get better. Every night, she'd make these awful sounds, like screaming. And then, one night, she just stopped. She was finally quiet. I went down to her room. And there was blood everywhere. But she was just sat there, calm. She said she was feeling better. The visions were gone. She'd taken care of them. She took her eyes out, Thomas. There are millions of people suffering out there. Millions of stories, just like mine. We can't turn our backs on them. I won't.
- Thomas, listen to me. I've known Minho for– well, as long as I can remember. So if there is any way we could help him, trust me, I would be up there standing next to you. This, what you're talking about, is impossible.
- I never thought I'd say it, I miss the Glade.
- I have to admit, I'd like some revenge.
- Do you ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?
- Three questions: Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?
- [Last words] Thomas. Take care of them.
- Thomas, thank you for seeing me. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I was just hoping we might get a moment to chat in private, away from the others. Well, I won't take up too much of your time. I really only have one question. What do you remember about WCKD? You're not in trouble. We're just having a conversation. I'm just trying to understand.
- Listen to me! I'm trying to save your life. The Maze is one thing, but you kids wouldn't last one day out in the Scorch. If the elements don't kill you, the Cranks will. Thomas, you have to believe me. I only want what's best for you.
- Teresa's always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good. Once we restored her memories, it was only a matter of time.
- Good plan, Thomas. "Just hear what the man has to say." Really working out for us.
- They bring in new ones every night like clockwork.
- I don't know. This is as far as I've ever gotten. The vents don't even go into that section, but once they go through that door, they don't come back out. I don't think anybody ever really leaves this place.
- Well, we pick up what's left of us. We stick to the plan. We get you kids to the Safe Haven. Then we start over, I guess.
- Trust me, it's not my idea. Jorge seems to think you guys are our ticket to the Safe Haven.
- You know, paradise. Safe from the sun, free of infection. Supposedly, the Right Arm's been taking kids there for years. Immunes, anyway.
- You know, at first, we had the best intentions. Find a cure, save the world. It was clear you kids were the key, because you were immune. But why? Eventually, we found an answer. An enzyme produced by the brains of the immune. Once separated from the bloodstream, it can serve as a powerful agent to slow the spread of the virus.
- [Last words] At least my conscience is clear.
- WCKD wants all the Immunes they can get. I help provide that for them. So I lure the kids in, they get drunk, they have a good time. And then, later, WCKD comes in, they separate the wheat from the chaff.
- She's right. This is all just a means to an end. You used to understand that, Thomas. No matter what you think of me, I am not a monster, I'm a doctor. I swore an oath to find a cure! No matter the cost. I just need more time.
- Janson: Thomas, thank you for seeing me. Sorry for the inconvenience; I was just hoping we could have a few moments to chat in private, away from the others. Well, I won't take up too much of your time. I may only have one question. What do you remember about WCKD? You're not in any trouble; we're just having a conversation. I'm just trying to understand.
- Thomas: Understand what?
- Janson: Whose side are you on?
- Thomas: I remember I used to work for WCKD. I remember that they sent me into the Maze. I remember watching my friends die in front of me. I'm on their side.
- Janson: Interesting. You say you worked for WCKD, but they sent you into the Maze. Why would they do that?
- Thomas: I don't know. Maybe you should've asked 'em before you killed 'em all!
- Janson: Good evening, Dr. Paige. Lovely to see you again. Although, I admit, I-I wasn't expecting to hear from you quite so soon.
- Dr. Ava Paige: Change in plans, Janson. I'll be arriving a little sooner than expected; first thing tomorrow.
- Janson: Oh, we'll be delighted to have you. I think you'll be pleased with the progress we've made. As you can see, early results have been extremely promising. Whatever it is you've been doing to them in there, it's working.
- Dr. Ava Paige: Not well enough. I've just received Board approval. I want all of the remaining subjects sedated and prepped for harvest by the time I arrive.
- Janson: Dr. Paige, we're going as fast as we can. We are still running tests–
- Dr. Ava Paige: Try something faster. Until I can guarantee their security, this is the best plan.
- Janson: Ma'am, security is my job; we're on 24-hour lockdown here. I can assure you, the assets are secure.
- Dr. Ava Paige: Have you found the Right Arm?
- Janson: Not yet. We've tracked them as far as the mountains–
- Dr. Ava Paige: So they're still out there. And they've already hit two of our installations. They want these kids as badly as we do. And I cannot– I cannot afford another loss. Not now, when I'm so close to a cure. If you are not up to the task, I will find someone who is.
- Janson: That won't be necessary. May I suggest we start with the most recent arrivals–
- Dr. Ava Paige: Just get it done. [Janson starts to leave] Janson. I don't want them to feel any pain.
- Janson: They won't feel a thing.
- Thomas: Open this door, Janson!
- Janson: You really don't want me to.
- Thomas: OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!
- Janson: Listen to me! I'm trying to save your life! The Maze was one thing, but you kids wouldn't last one day out in the Scorch. If the elements don't kill you, the Cranks will. Thomas, you have to believe me. I only want what's best for you.
- Thomas: Yeah, lemme guess– WCKD is good?
- Newt: I wish Alby could've seen all this.
- Thomas: And Winston. And Chuck.
- Newt: He'd be proud of you, you know, Tommy.
- Thomas: thanks ya old shank
- Jordan Christensen: quit your guy's smooching and hurry up we need to run if we want to make it on time.