- 1 Members
- 2 Killing is My Business... and Business Is Good!
- 3 Peace Sells... but Who's Buying
- 4 So Far, So Good... So What!
- 5 Rust In Peace
- 6 Countdown to Extinction
- 7 Youthanasia
- 8 Hidden Treasures
- 9 Cryptic Writings
- 10 Risk
- 11 The System Has Failed
- 12 United Abominations
- 13 Endgame
- 14 Th1rt3en
- 15 External links
- Dave Mustaine, lead/rhythm guitarist, lead vocalist (1983-Present)
- Dave Ellefson, bassist (1983-2002, 2010-Present)
- Shawn Drover, drummer (2004-Present)
- Chris Broderick, lead/rhythm guitar (2008-Present)
- Kerry King, rhythm guitar (1984)
- Gar Samuelson, drummer (1984-1987)
- Chris Poland, lead/rhythm guitar (1984-1987)
- Jeff Young, rhythm guitar (1987-1989)
- Chuck Behler, drummer (1987-1988)
- Nick Menza, drummer (1989-1998)
- Marty Friedman, lead/rhythm guitar (1990-2000)
- Jimmy DeGrasso, drummer (1998-2002)
- Al Pitrelli, lead/rhythm guitar (2000-2002)
- James MacDonough, bassist (2004-2006)
- Glen Drover, lead/rhythm guitarist (2004-2008)
- James LoMenzo, bassist (2006-2010)
- "A dose of metal you need / to bang your head 'till you bleed / It's time for snapping some neck / Slashing, thrashing to Megadeth."
- "I sneak in my own house, it's four in the morning. I slip into bed. I know if I wake her I'll wake up... dead!"
- "What do you mean, "I don't believe in god?" / I talk to him everyday."
- "What do you mean, "I ain't kind?" / I'm just not your kind..."
- "What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"? / I didn't know you had any feelings."
- "If there’s a new way / I’ll be the first in line. / But, it better work this time."
- "Peace sells but who's buying?"
- "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
- "Loneliness is not only felt by fools"
- "Did you ever think I get lonely? / Did you ever think that I needed love? / Did you ever think? Stop thinking! / You're the only one that I'm thinking of"
- "Brother will Kill Brother, spilling Blood across the Land / Killing for Religion, Something I don't Understand"
- "Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away"
- "Because I don't say it, don't mean I ain't thinkin' it"
- "Military intelligence; two words combined that can't make sense."
- "Possibly I've seen too much/Hangar 18 I know too much"
Take No Prisoners
- "Don't ask what you can do for your country/ Ask what your county can do for you"
- "Take no prisoners/ Cremate them!"
- "And when you kill a man, you're a murderer. Kill many, and you're a conqueror. Kill them all, you're a god."
- "You take a mortal man, and put him in control. Watch him become a god. Watch people's heads a roll."
- "Just like the Pied Piper, led rats through the streets. We dance like marionettes, swaying to the symphony of destruction."
- "Hello me, meet the real me."
- "Sweating bullets."
- "Once you committed me/Now you've aquitted me/Claiming validity/For your stupidity
- "À Tout Le Monde / À tout mes amis / Je vous aime / Je dois partir"
- "If my heart was still alive. I know it would surely break."
- Don't remember where I was / I realized life was a game / The more seriously I took things / The harder the rules became
- I had no idea what it'd cost / My life passed before my eyes / I found out how little I accomplished / All my plans denied....
- "Revelation has come to pass / new world order will hold the mass"
- "Set the ball a-rollin, / I'll be clicking off the miles, / On the train of consequences / My boxcar life o' style, / My thinking is derailed, / I'm tied up to the tracks, / The train of consequences / There ain't no turning back!"
- "Down another glass of courage, and a shot of thorazine"
- "Living alone, falling from grace / I want to atone, but there’s just empty space / I can’t face tomorrow, now you’re not coming back / Walked off in the night and just left me the tracks" - Almost Honest (Cryptic Writings)
- "My head is talking to me, I don't know what it needs / But the loudest voice is the one that I heed"
Prince of Darkness
- "My victims are rich or poor, young or old, strong or weak / I cause millions of accidents, I am cancer in your bones / I fathered the lie, twist what you say, speak not the truth / I am insidious, impartial, deep inside your chromosomes"
- "I am more powerful than all the armies of the world / I am more violent than violence, more deadly than death / I have destroyed more men than all the nation's wars / I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath"
I'll Be There
- "I'll be there for you, when you walk through the fire / I'll be there for you when the flames get higher / When nothing fits, and nothing seems right / To the very last breath of my life / I'll be there for you"
- "In my hour of need, you were there, always. And now it's time for me to be there for you too, always."
- "I'm an outcast, with lightning in my hand / I have wanderlust, lost in no man's land"
- "As I climb onto your back, I will promise not to sting / I will tell you what you want to hear and not mean anything / Then I treat you like a dog, as I shoot my venom in / You pretend you didn't know, that I am a scorpion"
Back in the Day
- "This is our way of life / A life that was born free / To follow orders how to live / Was never meant to be"
- "Metal's king back then / And still is to this day / Others imitate or challenge / But it never goes away"
Washington is Next!
- "Disengage their minds, Sabotage their health / Promote Sex and war and violence in the kindergardens / Blame the parents and teachers .. Its their fault"
- "How can there be any logic in biological war?"
- "You may bury the bodies, But you cant bury the crimes / Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms / No not me, not when death lasts forever"
- "The U.N. is right, you can't be anymore 'un' / than you are right now, the U.N. is undone. / Another mushroom cloud, another smoking gun / The threat is real, the locust king has come."
- "The ex-president signed a secret bill/ That can land a legal U.S. citizen in jail / And the Patriot Act stripped away our constitutional rights / They say a concentration camp just popped up. Yeah, right!"
How the Story Ends
- "Destroying every town/ Light it up and burn it down/ You may not like it now, but this is how the story ends."
- "Poison the well and scorch the earth/ Everything slashed and burned."
- "Your sudden death from above!"
Public Enemy No. 1
- "Public enemy number one / jailbreak and a smoking gun / you wont believe the things I've done / and the killing is just for fun"
- "Public enemy number one / a stolen car and I'm on the run / through the night til the rising sun / and the trouble has just begun"
- "I'm invincible / you might say despicable / punishments reciprocal / public enemy number one!"
- "I'm unbeatable / my minds untreatable / crimes unrepeatable / public enemy number one!"
- "Thirteen times, and its been lucky for me."
- Because I've stood here 13 times, and I'm still alive!"
i like crack.