Meir Kahane (1 August 1932 – 5 November 1990) was an American-Israeli Orthodox rabbi, writer, and politician, and served in the Israeli Knesset. He called for the creation of a Jewish theocracy in Israel, governed by the Halakha, in which non-Jews (including Arabs both in Israel proper and the occupied territories) would have to accept non-citizenship as "resident aliens" or be forcibly deported if they refused to leave with compensation. He often engaged in efforts to intimidate Arabs to persuade them to leave. He was assassinated by El Sayyid Nosair, who is speculated to be affiliated with al Qaeda. He founded the Jewish Defense League, which was declared a terrorist group by the United States and Israel.
|This religious leader article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I prefer a powerful and proud Jewish State that is hated by the entire world than an Auschwitz that is loved by one and all.
- The poor Palestinians who today kill Jews with explosives and firebombs and stones are part of the same people who when they had all the territories they now demand be given to them for their state -attempted to drive the Jewish state into the sea.
- Every Arab is a proud Arab, a good nationalist. And because of this, he is opposed to the existence of the state of Israel.
- I say the Arabs must leave Israel, precisely because I believe if the Arabs stay, they'll become the 'good Arabs' as I understand the term.
Never Again! (1972)
- There is no greater anti-Semite that the Jewish one, and none hates the Jewish people more than the Jewish traitor and apostate.
- Ch. 2: The Deafening Silence