Michael Bruce (March 27, 1746 – July 15, 1767) was a Scottish poet and hymnist.
- Now Spring returns; but not to me returns.
- "Elegy on Spring" (1767), line 1.
- In every pang that rends the heart
The Man of Sorrows had a part
- "Where high the heavenly temple stands".
- 'Tis very vain for me to boast
How small a price my Bible cost,
The day of judgment will make clear
'Twas very cheap — or very dear,
- Inscription on a Bible,Epigram- The Works of Michael Bruce ed:with memoir and notes by Andrew B Grosart, Murray And Gibb, Printers, Edinburgh (1864).