Michael Saul Dell (born February 23, 1965) is an American business magnate, investor, philanthropist, and author. He is the founder and CEO of Dell Inc., one of the world’s leading sellers of personal computers (PCs). He was ranked the 41st richest person in the world on 2012 Forbes list of billionaires, with a net worth of US$22.4 billion as of December 2014.
- What would I do [with Apple]? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders.
- Dell: Apple should close shop in CNET (6 October 1997)
- Try never to be the smartest person in the room. And if you are, I suggest you invite smarter people … or find a different room..
- You don't have to be a genius or a visionary or even a college graduate to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream.
- Entrepreneur: Michael Dell (13 October 2012)
- Every technology creates good and bad. You can sit here and say, "AI is really bad, we shouldn't have AI" - that's nonsense. We have to figure out how to use it in a responsible way, that's our job.
- ZDNet: "AI shouldn't be held back by scaremongering: Michael Dell" (02 May 2018)
- I love this idea of human-machine partnerships because in my mind it’s always been very clear. It’s not about humans or machines, it’s about humans and machines.
- SDxCentral: "Michael Dell Says Robopocalypse Is Fake News, Future Is Software Defined" (30 April 2018)
- We have a long history here of integrating the technologies closer together. This is what customers have been asking us to do. It is what we are doing. It is working extremely well. There is much, much more to come here.
- CRN: "Michael Dell: 'Much, Much More To Come' On Dell EMC VMware Integration" (11 June 2018)
- I do think a founder has special permission to make sweeping changes across an organization.
- Forbes: "A Private Conversation with Michael Dell, 'The Man In The Arena'" (30 October 2013)