Michael Howard, Baron Howard of Lympne KC (born 7 July 1941) is a British politician who served as Leader of the Conservative Party and Leader of the Opposition from November 2003 to December 2005. He previously held cabinet positions in the governments of Margaret Thatcher and John Major, including Secretary of State for Employment, Secretary of State for the Environment and Home Secretary.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Let us be clear. Prison works. It ensures that we are protected from murderers, muggers and rapists, and it makes many who are tempted to commit crime think twice.
- Colin Brown, "Howard seeks to placate 'angry majority'", The Independent, October 7, 1993
- Speech to the Conservative Party conference (6 October 1993).
- Let me make it clear: this grammar school boy will take no lessons from that public school boy on the importance of children from less privileged backgrounds gaining access to university.
- Hansard, House of Commons, 6th series, vol. 415 col. 498
- At Prime Minister's Question Time in the House of Commons (3 December 2003).
- For once, prime minister, I believe you.