Michael Levy, Baron Levy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Michael Abraham Levy, Baron Levy (born 11 July 1944) is a Labour peer, friend of Tony Blair and a fundraiser for the British Labour party.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Quotes about Michael Levy
- "Undoubtedly the notional leader of British Jewry."
- "So, to borrow the phrase Tony Blair used about himself during the first row over New Labour's funding, I regard Lord Levy as 'a pretty straight sort of guy'."
- Dominic Lawson, The Daily Mail, 17th July 2006.
- "There is a general feeling, and it is increasingly sensitive, that this is all about 'get the Jew'. I do not play the anti-Semitic card. But within my immediate community, and the Jewish community generally, they are sensitive to the fact that this is becoming all about one Jew."
- Rabbi Yitzchak Schochet speaks out on Levy's behalf over "Cash for honours", The Daily Telegraph, 9th March 2007.