Michelle Lujan Grisham
Michelle Lynn Lujan Grisham (born October 24, 1959) is an American lawyer and politician serving as the 32nd governor of New Mexico since 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, Lujan Grisham previously served as the U.S. representative for New Mexico's 1st congressional district from 2013 to 2019.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.
|This woman article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.
- It is really incredible about the depth of which they figure out what makes you tick, how you got to be where you are and what you did in every component of the course of your personal and professional life since you were in high school.
Published August 19, 2020.
- New Mexico is at the breaking point.
- This old, outdated statute criminalizing health care providers is an embarrassment. That removing it was even a debate, much less a difficult vote for some senators, is inexplicable to me.
- Quoted after the state senate failed to repeal abortion ban (March 14, 2019)
- The old criminal abortion law of this state, only one of nine left in the entire country, must go. Bring me that bill and I will sign it.
- Quoted in her 2019 State of the State address (January 16, 2019)
- The Supreme Court appears poised to overturn 50 years of constitutional protections for women to access to safe and legal abortions. This decision is catastrophic and will have consequences that will negatively impact generations
- Gov. Lujan Grisham statement on reported draft Supreme Court opinion on Roe v. Wade (by Nora Sackett | May 3, 2022 | Press Releases)
- "To have a federal administration that continues to attack, divide, and create racial unrest is disgusting"
-  On the latino community