Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids
Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids is a 2003 Canadian computer-animated television special from Nelvana that premiered on Treehouse TV and Nick Jr. on March 31, 2003. It was based on David Kirk's book series of the same name and serves as the pilot to the show Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends. Voices included Brooke Shields, Rick Moranis and Tony Jay. The characters are CGI animated insects and arachnids in a relatively natural setting, but with anthropomorphic qualities appropriate for a children's story.
- Directed by Mike Fallows and Kevin McDonagh. (timing director) Written by Nadine Van der Velde.
- We have to be good to bugs. All bugs.
- Squirt: [to Spiderus] Nice bugs don't eat their friends!
- Mr. Mantis: [regarding Miss Spider and Holley] Will you look at these lovebugs? Not a bug in Sunny Patch can tell me that these two don't belong together. I guess that's just nature's way.
- Betty Beetle': I didn't know a thing about having a baby spider either. I had to make it all up too. But it doesn't matter if it's baby spiders, beetles, bedbugs or grubs... everything they need, you have already got right there in your heart, Flora.
- Holley: I always did want a big family.
- Miss Spider: Eight is a perfect number.
- Squirt: Yeah! We've got eight legs.
- Holley: And we have plenty of love to go around.
- Brooke Shields as Miss Spider.
- Scott Beaudin as Squirt.
- Rebecca Brenner as Shimmer.
- Mitchell Eisner as Dragon.
- Julie Lemieux as Bounce.
- Rick Moranis as Holley.
- Tony Jay as Spiderus.
- Mary-Frances Buffery as Little Miss Spider.
- Marc Donato as Wiggle.
- Aaryn Doyle as Pansy / Baby earwig / Snowdrop singing voice.
- Austin Di Iulio as Spinner.
- Patricia Gage as Betty Beetle.
- Emily Hampshire as Katie.
- Alexandra Lai as Snowdrop.
- Scott McCord as Stinky.
- Phil McCormick as Flint.
- Stephanie Morgenstern as Ladybug.
- Kristina Nicoll as Spindella.
- Peter Oldring as Gus.
- Ezra Perlman as Eddy.
- Cara Pifko as Eunice.
- Wayne Robson as Mr. Mantis.
- Alison Sealy-Smith as Mama Snake.
- Robert Smith as Pillbug.
- Robert Tinkler as Grub.