Mississippi Hare is a 1949 Looney Tunes cartoon short in which cotton pickers mistake Bugs Bunny's tail for a ball of cotton and toss him into a cargo truck with the rest of the haul, bound for a riverboat on the Mississippi River. On the riverboat Bugs takes on the gambler Colonel Shuffle.
- And the gentleman wins a cigar!
- He-he-he-he-he, what a goon!
- Why for did you splash me in the Mississippi mud?
- Why did you dunk my poor old hide in Old Man River, when I bought a loge seat?
- Colonel Shuffle: I'm Colonel Shuffle, the rip-roarin'est, gold-diggin'est, sharp-shootin'est, poker-playin'est riverboat gambler on the Mississippi! Yahoo! Be there anyone man enough to sit in a poker game with Colonel Shuffle? Well, be there?
- Bugs Bunny: There be.