Jump to navigation Jump to search
Monique 'Mo'Nique' Angela Hicks (December 11, 1967) known professionally as Mo'Nique, is an American stand-up comedian and actress. She has received an Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Golden Globe Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award.
- There was an energy in that building — of honesty, of truth-telling, of freedom, and that was what that show was, Because it is my journey and my story, where I pick and choose to tell it is totally up to me.
-  Mo'Nique speak on her Apollo performance in 2017.
- So often times, we do it to ourselves. But, I just can’t. Understand, I love my sister. However, when you know you’re being fed the wrong food, you must say, ‘I can’t chew this, y’all.
-  Mo'Nique in an interview with vulture in 2018.
- Inequality is devastating and it's extreme.
-  Mo'Nique responded to steve harvey in an interview in 2019.
- And stop hiding behind what you call is negative comments…what people are beginning to do is see you for who you are.
-  Mo'Nique speak about oprah in an interview with comedy hype in 2019.
- What you’re saying to the community is, as Black women, you’re devalued. And if you stand up and you make a stand and you say We need equality and we have to say what’s right and what’s fair.
-  Mo'Nique in a heated argument with charlamagne on black community in 2020.
- Oftentimes, we get scared because we’re too afraid to lose something, We’re too afraid to lose the mortgage payment...too afraid to lose our stuff, so we’ll just go along to get along. Be unafraid, even if [you have to] stand alone. That’s what has to happen. Because when you look in the mirror, you’ve got to be OK with the one looking back at you.
-  Mo'Nique advice black female comedians in 2020.
Quotes about Mo'Nique
- I abused and betrayed the trust of another sibling, my sister, my blood. I’m sorry, Mo’Nique. I’m sorry.
-  Mo'Nique's brother, Imes tender apology for molesting her in 2010.
- I fought hard for her to get that job. I wanted her to get that job. And she was paid her money. She was paid the money for the budget that we had.
-  Lee Daniels speak on the actress allegations in 2018.