Jump to navigation Jump to search
Moetan (もえたん) is an anime produced by Bandai Visual and based on the series of English language study aid published by SansaiBooks in Japan.
Magical Teacher 
- Ah-kun: Where am I?
- Ink Nijihara: The duck talked!
- Ah-kun: What? Where? Where? For real? What are you talking about? There is no duck in sight.
- [She shows him a mirror]
- Ah-kun: Ah, a duck. A duck?!
- [He faints]
- Ah-kun: What's your name?
- Ink Nijihara: Ink Nijihara.
- Ah-kun: What a strange name …
- Ink Nijihara: Huh?!
- Ah-kun: My name is Arks Sheldart Elbyas.
I Don't Need a Rival 
- Sumi Kuroi: It's all your fault. This time I'll accept your challenge as a rival.
- [She stumbles and falls over]
- Ink Nijihara: Are you all right, Sumi-chan?
- Sumi Kuroi: Remember this!
- Ink Nijihara: So what'll happen after collecting all these points?
- Ah-kun: I can return to the magic kingdom.
- Ink Nijihara: What? Really?!
- Ah-kun: Yes. So work hard for my sake.
- Ink Nijihara: I get the feeling I'm being manipulated …
- Ah-kun: Don't think too much about the details. Here, I bought you a cake. Eat it!
- Ink Nijihara: Thanks!
Great Scare Tactics 
- Nao-kun: [describing Ink] She is … you know, she is … very short. She's already a high school student, so why is she so short?
- Magical Teacher Pastel Ink: W-well, that's …
- Nao-kun: Speaking of which, you're pretty short too.
- Magical Teacher Pastel Ink: I'm just fine the way I am!
The Idol Within Time 
- Ink Nijihara: This is Alice-chan, and this is her hit single, "English Words for Love".
- Ah-kun: "English Words for Love"? That's a pretty outdated title for a song.
- Ink Nijihara: It's got an 80's feel to it, right? Not that I'd know much about the 80's.
A Little Memory 
- Ink Nijihara: Interrogative sentences usually begin with the same why-question. You can find them here. See, isn't this fun?
- [Little Sumi starts crying]
- Ink Nijihara: Sumi-chan?
- Little Sumi Kuroi: I don't get English!
- Ah-kun: [reprimanding] You can't teach a child such complicated material!
The First Date 
- Nao-kun: [in Ink's dream] It makes me very happy to be with you like this. The blue sky … the beautiful you … this meaningless duck … and me!
- Ruriko: Do I make myself clear, Ojou-sama? You are stupid enough as it is. But if you don't learn to study, you'll magnify your idiocy, and turn into a mega … no, giga … no, more than that … a tera-class, high-capacity idiot!
- Sumi Kuroi: Ehh?! Really?
- Ruriko: Yes, it's the truth.
The Targeted School Festival 
- Alice Shiratori: I'll cut to the chase. Arks, I'm here to test you! I want to see you reveal your true nature!
- Ah-kun: My true nature?!
- Ink Nijihara: Isn't he a true pervert?
- Ah-kun: Shut up!
- Rina Tanaka: Remi! The truth is … the truth is … I … there is a reason why … I was wearing makeup.
- Remi Suzuki: It's okay, you don't have to tell me. Everyone has a secret or two.
- Rina Tanaka: Remi …
- Remi Suzuki: It's all right, our friendship won't fail just because of that.
- Rina Tanaka: Remi!
- Remi Suzuki: I'm sorry that I asked something weird.
- Rina Tanaka: [embraces her] Remi!
- Remi Suzuki: Rina. Rina …
- Rina Tanaka: [crying] You are … you are … such a good friend!
- Remi Suzuki: Rina …
- Rina Tanaka: Look at this … this …
- [She points at a zit]
- Remi Suzuki: Acne?
- Rina Tanaka: This is embarrassing for me, but … actually, even after I took care of the acne, it wouldn't go away.
- Remi Suzuki: So you tried to hide it with makeup?
The Wind... Flows 
- Sumi Kuroi: [thinking] I just rang the doorbell. What should I do? What should I do?
- Ink Nijihara: [comes outside] Huh? Sumi-chan, what's wrong?
- Sumi Kuroi: Uh, you see … it's nothing!
- Ink Nijihara: Huh?
- Sumi Kuroi: This is … uh … a ding-dong ditch!
- Ink Nijihara: A ding-dong ditch?
- Sumi Kuroi: Th-that's right! It's just a impulsive prank!
- Ink Nijihara: [smiles] I see, it's a prank.
Forbidden Time 
- Ah-kun: Ink, something terrible has happened!
- Ka-kun: The Magical Kingdom is collapsing!
- Ink Nijihara: Wait. What are you talking about all of a sudden?
- Ah-kun: The truth is …
- [He whispers "gunja gunja gunja gunja" in her ear, Ink is shocked]
- Ah-kun: That's why you have to lend us your power!
- Ink Nijihara: Okay, but … I don't know what "gunja gunja" means.
Don't Give Up, Examinee! 
- Sumi Kuroi: It's obvious looking at your face that you're worried about something. Talk to me.
- [Ink says nothing]
- Sumi Kuroi: Don't give me that! I'm telling you to talk to me!
- Ink Nijihara: But …
- Sumi Kuroi: Geez … how irritating! Ahem. We are … uh … "friends", right?
- Ink Nijihara: Eh? What?
- Sumi Kuroi: [exasperated] I said we are … "friends" …
- Ink Nijihara: Uh … I can't hear you.
- Sumi Kuroi: [angry] I said that we are friends!
- Pen-san: We are your opponents.
- Muni-san: We'll join, too.
- Dandy: Ah! They are …
- Mio Tezuka: What is it?
- Dandy: Pen-san and Muni-san, who appeared in the original. But since the anime staff thought that Ah-kun was enough, these characters were left out!
- Mio Tezuka: Oh, so they are useless characters …
- Dandy: Leave them to me!
- [He performs a Dandy King Blaster]
- Pen-san and Muni-san: [burning up] We finally appeared and it's already over?
The Supreme Ruler at the End of the Century 
- Ka-kun: I'm your opponent!
- Mio Tezuka: Ah! Ka-kun!
- Alice Shiratori: He's a different Ka-kun from this world.
- Ka-kun: Here I come!
- [He transforms into Karks]
- Mio Tezuka: [swoons] He's unexpectedly cool!