Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah
Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Hussein Fadlallah (born 1935 in Iraq) is one of the most famous Islamic religious leaders in the Middle East. He is one of the highest-ranking Twelver Shi'i religious scholars in Lebanon. He was the target of an assassination in the 1980's.
- 1 Sourced
- 2 See also
- 3 External links
Quotes Considered Controversial by Some Shi'i Muslims
- In the speech on the day of Ghadeer, The Messenger of God (SAW) indicated the preference of Imam Ali's (AS) khilafah and did not make it obligatory.
- al-Insan wa al-Hayat, p.257
- Absorption in Imam Husayn's affairs (his life and his person, etc.), away from his missionary side is backwardness.
- al-Mawsem, No. 21-22, p.310
- Muslims (companions) misunderstood the speech of the Prophet on the day of Ghadeer.
- al-Insan wa al-Hayat, p.257
- Saying "Ameen" is permissible after reciting the Surah of al-Hamd in the Salat (but it's still not part of the Salat) especially with the intention of supplication.
- al-Masa'il al-Faqhiyyah, vol.1, p.92
Quotes about Islamic-Beliefs Considered Controversial by Some Muslims
- Female masturbation is permissible unconditionally.
- Fiqh al-Hayat, p.54
- Shaking hands with the strangers of opposite sex is forbidden
- al-Nadwah, vol.6, p.723
- America does not seek good for Islam, for the Muslims, and for the repressed.
- The CIA is Behind Terror Attacks in Iraq March 2004
- The American administration is trying to achieve any gain in the shadow of the embarrassment hitting it because of its failures in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine after the failure of Israel's war on Lebanon and the retreat of America's project in the region.
- "Senior Shiite Cleric Says U.S. Desperate". Forbes. 7 August 2007.
- We believe US threats of an approaching World War III and their use of Iran's nuclear issue as an excuse is another form of American insanity.
- Cleric: US threats, fruits of insanity. Press TV (October 2007).
Boycotting American and Israeli Goods
- "All American and Israeli goods and products should be boycotted in a way that undermines American and Israeli interests so as to act as deterrence to their war against Muslims and Islam that is being waged under the pretense of fighting terrorism. This boycott should become an overwhelming trend that makes these two states feel that their economies are in a real and actual danger."
Love of the World
- "What is meant here is that man should not become immersed in loving the world which will make him forget the responsibilities that Allah had ordered him to hold, but he has to look at the world in its reality, in which it represents a place for obeying Allah."
Reward for doing good
- "But, those who did good to Allah and the people, Allah will give them reward by bestowing upon them His grace."
- " In this way, Allah will love the pious person because He, the Most Exalted, loves those who are pious, truthful, charitable, devout, and are sincere to Him and to His Prophet."
- "Allah wanted the people who have made sins to turn from their sins and make up for them in order to be near to Allah through gaining His satisfaction, for He has promised to accept their repentance and forgive the sinner
- "In addition, Islam stressed on purifying the body, clothes and everything that is related to man's private life in his land and home, from the unclean impurity."
- "On the other hand, Allah directs man to the spiritual purity through the act of giving that is represented by charity that the pious pays as "Zakat" and "Sadakat" almsgiving, and other financial obligations."
- "Islam emphasized the internal purity of man that is achieved through the purity of the mind in realizing the Right and the purity of feelings through having the pure intention towards man, far away from the meanness of malevolence and hatred and through the purity of the movement that is not lunched except for the sake of justice, Good and life."
- "Taking the strong believing women as role models for both men and women, clearly indicates that the Quran acknowledges the woman's ability to be a strong person who can overcome any innate weakens in her."
- "The difference in sex does not hinder the ability of being strong on the levels of thinking, giving, having a strong willpower and the ability to take the right decision and the right position after studying all options, once the circumstances that favor creativity and rational thinking are available."
- "And just like men are responsible of the society, women also are equally responsible of the society they live in."
- "From an Islamic point of view, women are as responsible as men to help people finding their way to God (S.W.T), and to guide society in the right path with all the power they have."
Love of Allah
- "This Ayah indicates that the pious person should express his love to Allah by believing in His Prophet and following the Message, and through obeying the Prophet, abiding by his orders, leaving what he prohibits and obeying all what Allah has revealed to him, because that is the vivid expression of the practical love that fills his whole entity."