Mona Ingeborg Sahlin (née Andersson; born March 9, 1957) is a Swedish politician and the former leader of the Swedish Social Democratic Party (Socialdemokraterna) from March 17, 2007 to March 25, 2011.
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- If you're a social democrat, then you think it's cool to pay taxes. For me, tax is the finest expression for what politics really is.
- Mona Sahlin in Swedish television, September 8, 1994.[specific citation needed]
- If two equally qualified persons apply for a job at a workplace with few immigrants, the one called Mohammed should get the job.
- Mona Sahlin in an interview with the Swedish newspaper Göteborgs-Posten, October 22, 2000.
- But that has nothing to do with ethnicity. Who's by the way Swedish and who's an immigrant?
- Mona Sahlin answers a question about increased crime and immigration in the Ungt val (eng. Young Election/Choice) section of the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, March 15, 2002.
- In other words, we have to stop this beaver woman before she's gnawn apart every welfare system we've got in our country.
- Mona Sahlin about the leader of Centerpartiet, Maud Olofsson, in the Swedish radio program Ekot, September 10, 2006.
- I think that's what makes many Swedes jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things.
- Mona Sahlin in a speech to the Turkish youth organization Euroturk, March, 2002.