Mozart and the Whale
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I'm late, which is ironic, because I started out 9 hours and 23 minutes early.
- Wallace: After everything she told me, and checking on your excellent record in college, I'm wondering why you choose to drive a taxi for a living.
- Donald Morton: At my interview with IBM after I graduated college, they asked me what my plans were, and I said, "Probably go to McDonalds for a 12-piece McNugget and two cheeseburgers, and then do my laundry."
- Wallace: Did they laugh, at least?
- Donald Morton: They smiled and said they'd call me. They didn't.
- Gregory: Can I give you some advice?
- Donald Morton: Can I humanly stop you?
- Gregory: Stick with the group. Compared to us, you're a god. And, uh, next to Isabelle, which you will *never* be again, you don't come off so hot.
- Isabelle: All this time, and you didn't call.
- Donald: I was gonna call.
- Isabelle: You were?
- Donald: Well, just to tell you that I wasn't gonna call so that you wouldn't be aggravated, sitting around waiting and wondering when I was--
- Isabelle: Gonna call?
- Donald: Yeah. But in the end, I figured that forcing myself into your life was probably not right. I would always do that. So the only nice thing I had left to give was just not to call.
- Isabelle: I hated you for not calling. Because you were always gonna be there, and when you weren't, it was as if you didn't love me anymore.
- Donald: So go home, I'll call ya.
- Isabelle: [sighs] I can't promise you the future, Donald Duck. I don't know if this is for 2 days or 20 years.
- Donald: Maybe it's something about us that's normal.
- Josh Hartnett as Donald Morton
- Radha Mitchell as Isabelle "Izzy" Sorenson