Jump to navigation Jump to search
When mom goes to work, dad goes berserk! (taglines)
- Your Mom calls the vacuum cleaner "jaws"?
- Honey if you call and I'm not home I'll be at the gym or the gun club.
- Honey, you gave me some real good advice once, so let me give you some of my own. It's real easy to forget what's important, so don't.
- [Trying to get Kenny to give up his security blanket] I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious.
- Kenny, don't paint your sister!
- [to Jinx] You yell at my kid like that again, I'm knockin' you out!
- Annette: Hello Jack? I'm Annette. You're doing it wrong.
- Doris (TV Repairwoman): Are you crazy? You fed a baby chili!
- Jack: Me and my wife went to the movies the other day, we saw Rocky. While I'm watching it, I'm thinking 'This guy has taken some falls you know.
- Auto Worker 1: Which Rocky was it? 1 or 2, or 3?
- Jack: I don't know. Three I guess. But...
- Auto Worker 2: Hey, did the guy have a mo-hawk like Mr. T?
- Jack: OK forget Rocky. The point is... when you're down, not not exactly out... I mean, I mean you gotta hang tough... I don't know.
- Auto Worker 1: Well Hang tough baby! Do what Rocky would do! [Jack walks out] He didn't see Rocky.
- Jinx: [talking about the lay-off] You're not exactly walking out of here empty handed. You got your pension and I'll give you this month's gas money.
- Larry: There's only one more thing I want.
- Jinx: What?
- Larry: DISABILITY!
- [goes to window and tries to open it and jump out but is grabbed by Jack]
- Jinx: Hey keep that sense of humor it'll do you good.
- [Larry rushes at him and attempts to strangle him]
- Caroline: Do you want to go over the list one more time?
- Jack: No I don't want to go over the list! OK let's go over the list.
- Doris (TV Repairwoman): Butler, you got a problem with your horizontal hold?
- Jack: I don't know.
- Doris (TV Repairwoman): Your wife says you do.
- Jack: Well, she ought to know... come on in...
- Joan: [at the supermarket] Can I give you a hand?
- Jack: You can give me two I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
- Annette: [as Jack is driving away from the supermarket] He's married!
- Joan: So were we once!
- Jack: My brain is like oatmeal. I yelled at Kenny today for coloring outside the lines! Megan and I are starting to watch the same TV shows, and I'm liking them! I'm losing it.
- Caroline: Honey, I know what you're talking about. I've been there myself, alright?
- Jack: Well, if you're so unhappy, why don't you say something about it?
- Caroline: Because I wasn't unhappy! Look, maybe I was a little confused, maybe I was a little frustrated, but I knew what I was doing was important, because it means something to raise human beings. What saw me through was pride.
- [Jack takes the bedspread, pillow and a pizza slice before heading out]
- Caroline: I've pride in this house, I've pride with my kids, and I've pride being Mrs. Jack Butler! Where are you going?
- Jack: [Eating pizza before going] I'm goin' downstairs to sleep on the fat couch if I can get through the door.
- [Jack leaves the room]
- Caroline: Yeah, well be sure to take pride in some of that FAT, Porky!
- [Caroline slams the door]
- Jack: You wanna beer?
- Ron: It's 7 o'clock in the morning.
- Jack: Scotch?
- Ron: [about rewiring the house] Yeah? Are you gonna make it all 220?
- Jack: Yeah. 220... 221, whatever it takes.
- [Caroline has shot Jack in his fantasy]
- Ron: Wow! What did you use? A .38?
- Caroline: .38... .39, whatever it took.
- Alex: [about Ron's house] Wow, what a house!
- Jack: Yeah, probably mortgaged to the eyeballs.
- Caroline: Not this one, his great grandfather - Commander Richardson - built it.
- Jack: Eh... hand me down.
- When mom goes to work, dad goes berserk!
- Caroline's a rising executive. Jack just lost his job. Jack's going to have to start from the bottom up.
- Michael Keaton - Jack Butler
- Teri Garr - Caroline Butler
- Frederick Koehler - Alex Butler
- Taliesin Jaffe - Kenny Butler
- Courtney White - Megan Butler
- Brittany White - Megan Butler
- Martin Mull - Ron Richardson
- Miriam Flynn - Annette
- Ann Jillian - Joan
- Jeffrey Tambor - Jinx
- Christopher Lloyd - Larry
- Tom Leopold - Stan