Mr. Moto's Gamble
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- There is no situation that science and skill cannot master.
- To recognize one's faults requires intelligence; to admit them requires courage.
- Much information can be obtained from tongues loosened in anger.
- [examining the dead body] This is not suicide Mr. Riggs. It's most unusual to shoot oneself in the back and without a gun.
- [frustrated] Medium height, medium build, medium complexion - I'd have to be a medium to find Howard from the description like that Detroit tailor gives me!
- Oh, Scotty, if you'll turn me loose on this, I'll have this town so deep in tears that they'll be using canoes for taxicabs.
- Lee Chan: [arriving late and in a hurry] We want two good seats down front!
- Ticket Seller: Sorry, we're sold out.
- Horace 'Knock-Out' Wellington: He's sold out? [to the ticket taker] Do you know who we are?
- Ticket Seller: [as he closes down the ticket window] Sure, a couple of guys that ain't gonna see the fight.
- Lee Chan: Gosh, that's a pretty girl sitting with your friend!
- Lieutenant Riggs: That's his daughter Linda. She's got her nose so high in the air, she'd drown in a rainstorm.
- Nick Crowder: Clipper, you'd suspect your own grandmother!
- Clipper McCoy: Yeah, but you're not my grandmother.
- Nick Crowder: Don't bet on it!
- Lee Chan: Oh, Mr. Moto?
- Mr. Moto: Yes, Lee?
- Lee Chan: I though you would like to know I got a letter from Pop yesterday.
- Mr. Moto: Oh, you did?
- Lee Chan: Mm-hmm. He sent his best to you.
- Mr. Moto: Thank you. And, uh, how is your honorable father enjoying his homelife in beautiful Honolulu?
- Lee Chan: He seems fine, but he kind of worries about me. Y'see, I'm really supposed to be studying art here at the university... but gosh, I want to be a detective!
- Mr. Moto: [chuckles] I understand. My parents wanted me to be an acrobat.
- Lieutenant Riggs: A sock in the eye ain't homicide. Maybe his ticker went bad on him. Who knows?
- Mr. Moto: No one... except the coroner.
- Peter Lorre — Mr. Moto
- Keye Luke — Lee Chan
- Lynn Bari — Penny Kendall
- Douglas Fowley — Nick Crowder
- Jayne Regan — Linda Benton
- Harold Huber — Lieutenant Riggs
- George E. Stone — Jerry Connors
- Bernard Nedell — Clipper McCoy
- Ward Bond — Big Moran
- Edward Marr — Sammy
- Lon Chaney Jr. — Joey