Jump to navigation Jump to search
Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Māhdī (Arabic: محمد ابن حسن المهدي ) (868 AD - unknown date) is the twelfth Twelver Shī‘ah Imām. He is the son of Hasan al-‘Askarī and is the tenth generation grandson of Muhammad.
- If you ask for guidance, you shall have it; and if you pursue something, you shall find it.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.51 p. 339
- Whenever an authority disappears, another one appears; and if a star sets, another one rises.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.53 p. 185
- I am a remainder from Adam, a relic of Noah, a choice from Abraham, and an elite of Mohammad.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.52, p. 238
- I am The Mahdi (the guided one), I am the Imam of the time, and I am the one who fills it (the Earth) with justice just as it was filled with injustice and tyranny.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.52 p. 2
- Indeed, I am a safeguard to the inhabitants of earth as the stars are safeguards to the inhabitants of heaven.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.78 p. 380
- Indeed, Earth could not be without a Hujja (a proof, a prophet or his vice), either manifest or occult.
- Shaykh Sadūq, Kamāl ad-Dīn, Ch.2, p. 115
- Indeed, right is with us and in us, and there is no one else who says this but that he is a liar and an impostor.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.53, p. 191
- Knowledge is ours; do not care about the unbeliever’s unbelief.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.53, p. 151
- If our devotees’ (may Allah give them success in obeying Him) hearts are gathered on meeting their obligation, their good fortune of meeting us would not have been delayed, and their joy of seeing us would have been expedited.
- al-Tabarsi, Al-Ihtijaj, vol.2, p. 499
- And as for the occurrence of the manifestation, it is up to Allah, and those who appoint a moment lie.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.53 p. 181
- There will come to my devotees those who will claim seeing (me). Verily, whosoever claims the seeing before the rising of al-Sufyānī and the Cry, is a liar and a forger; and there is no power except with Almighty Allah.
- al-Tabarsi, Al-Ihtijaj, vol.2, p. 478
- The oppressors alleged that Allah’s proof is invalid, and if we were permitted to speak out, the uncertainty would disappear.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.51 p. 4
- If Allah were to permit us to speak, the truth would emerge and falsehood would vanish and be pulled away from you.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.25 p. 183
- Increase praying for the expediting of my manifestation because indeed it is your release from suffering.
- Shaykh Sadūq, Kamāl ad-Dīn, Ch.2, p. 485
- (There will be) No manifestation but after Allah’s permission, and that will be after the passing of a long term, the hardening of the hearts, and the filling of the Earth with tyranny.
- al-Tabarsi, al-Ihtijāj, Ch.2, p. 478