- "The state would rather give me an uzi than a microphone."
- All Things Censored (2001, Seven Stories Press), p. 21
- "At the risk of quoting Mephistopheles I repeat: Welcome to hell. A hell erected and maintained by human-governments, and blessed by black robed judges. A hell that allows you to see your loved ones, but not to touch them. A hell situated in America's boondocks, hundreds of miles away from most families. A white, rural hell, where most of the captives are black and urban. It is an American way of death."
- All Things Censored (2001, Seven Stories Press), pp. 55-56
- "Do you see law and order? There is nothing but disorder, and instead of law there is the illusion of security. It is an illusion because it is built on a long history of injustices: racism, criminality, and the genocide of millions. Many people say it is insane to resist the system, but actually, it is insane not to."
- Death Blossoms (2004, South End Press; Cambridge MA), p. 11
- "The role of television is the illusion of company, noise. I call it the fifth wall and the second window: the window of illusion."
- "I spend my days preparing for life, not preparing for death... They haven't stopped me from doing what I want every day. I believe in life, I believe in freedom, so my mind is not consumed with death. It's with love, life and those things. In many ways, on many days, only my body is here, because I am thinking about what's happening around the world."
- "Politics is the art of making the people believe that they are in power, when in fact, they have none."
- "Is Obama's Victory Ours?" 06-05-08
- "The media, itself an arm of mega-corporate power, feeds the fear industry, so that people are primed like pumps to support wars on rumor, innuendo, legends, and lies."