My Boyfriend's Back (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
My Boyfriend's Back is a 1993 American romantic black comedy/fantasy-horror film directed by Bob Balaban which tells the story of Johnny Dingle, a teenage boy who returns from the dead as a zombie to meet Missy McCloud, the girl he's in love with, for a date. The movie received negative reviews for its weak plot and bad acting.
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Matthew McConaughey, Renée Zellweger, and Matthew Fox appear in small roles in the film.
A comedy that proves true love never dies. (taglines)
- Little Chuck: Daddy, that dead man tried to eat me.
- Mrs. Dingle: Dr. Bronson, the reason I called is that our son, Johnny... died the other day, and I was wondering if you could take a look at him... Would you like to talk to him? Sure. Johnny?
- Johnny's School Teacher: This is the most pathetic sexual fantasy I've ever seen.
- Eddie: Alright, newsflash. This just in, Johnny: Missy is going to the prom with Buck. You got it?
- Johnny: Look, you pretend to kill her. I saved her life, she thinks I'm a hero, ditches Buck and goes to the prom with me. How sweet is that?
- Eddie: This is desperate and this is sick. I think you should get some therapy. I do!
- Dr. Bronson: Okay. Well, you're dead. Which is unusual, because we don't normally see this much activity in a dead person.
- [after his ear falls off]
- Johnny: I heard someone my age is supposed to be comfortable with the way their body changes, but given the circumstances, this was too much.
- Mr. Dingle: Goodbye, son. Be nice to God.
- Dr. Bronson: I'm afraid I have some bad news. Your boy is very sick. He's lost a massive about of blood, and his pulse and retinal response are poor, and as you can see there's an axe sticking out of his head.
- Big Chuck: He's not sick, you idiot! He's dead!
- Dr. Bronson: Oh, everybody's a doctor. You think maybe I could make the diagnosis?
- Johnny: Sorry I'm late, Mrs. Cooper. You wouldn't BELIEVE the trouble I had getting here!
- Johnny's School Teacher: I would believe it. And I'm not impressed. You get one demerit.
- Johnny: But-!
- Johnny's School Teacher: Just because you're dead does not mean that you can come waltzing in here whenever you like.
- Mr. Dingle: You know, son... your mother and I, and the ambulance driver, and the coroner, and the embalmer, were all pretty much convinced that you were dead.
- Johnny: I got better.
- Mr. Dingle: Huh. Well, welcome home, son.
- Johnny: Thanks.
- Mr. Dingle: Are you hungry, do you want something to eat? Gee, there's a lot of food left over from the funeral.
- Missy: Johnny, hi! Uh, listen. I think it's really great that you're back from the dead and all, but I've got gym.
- Johnny: It's because I'm dead, isn't it? That's why you won't go out with me.
- Missy: Don't insult me.
- Johnny: You're afraid of what people might say, aren't you? Behind your back, everybody whispering, "There goes Missy and the dead kid"!
- A comedy that proves true love never dies.
- Johnny would give an arm and a leg to date Missy. Well, maybe just an arm.
- Andrew Lowery - Johnny Dingle
- Traci Lind - Missy McCloud
- Danny Zorn - Eddie
- Edward Hermann - Mr. Dingle
- Mary Beth Hurt - Mrs. Dingle
- Jay O. Sanders - Sheriff McCloud
- Libby Villari - Camille McCloud
- Matthew Fox - Buck Van Patten
- Philip Hoffman - Chuck Bronski
- Paul Dooley - Big Chuck
- Austin Pendleton - Dr. Bronson
- Cloris Leachman - Maggie the zombie expert
- Paxton Whitehead - Judge in heaven
- Matthew McConaughey - Guy #2
- Renée Zellweger (scene cut)
- My Boyfriend's Back (film) quotes at the Internet Movie Database