|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Mysterious Skin is 2004 film about the effect of childhood sexual abuse on two boys.
- Neil: And as we sat there listening to the carolers, I wanted to tell Brian it was over now and everything would be okay. But that was a lie, plus, I couldn't speak anyway. I wish there was some way for us to go back and undo the past. But there wasn't. There was nothing we could do. So I just stayed silent and trying to telepathically communicate... how sorry I was about what had happened. And I thought of all the grief and sadness... and fucked up suffering in the world... and it made me want to escape. I wished with all my heart that we could just... leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically... disappear.
- Wendy: Where normal people have a heart, Neil McCormick's has a bottomless black hole. And if you dont watch out, you can fall in and get lost forever.
- Brian: The summer I was 8 years old, 5 hours disappeared from my life.
- Two boys. One can't remember. The other can't forget.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Neil McCormick
- Chase Ellison - young Neil McCormick
- Brady Corbet - Brian Lackey
- George Webster - young Brian Lackey
- Michelle Trachtenber - Wendy
- Riley McGuire - young Wendy
- Jeff Licon - Eric Preston
- Mary Lynn Rajskub - Avalyn Friesen
- Elisabeth Shue - Ellen McCormick
- Bill Sage as Coach
- Chris Mulkey - Lisa Long as Mr. and Mrs. Lackey
- Richard Riehle - Charlie
- Kelly Kruger - Deborah
- Rachael Nastassja Kraft - young Deborah
- Brian Drago - Zek