N. R. Narayana Murthy
Nagavara Ramarao Narayana Murthy (born August 20, 1946), commonly referred to as Narayana Murthy, is a noted Indian IT industrialist and the co-founder of Infosys, a multinational corporation providing business consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services.
- 1 Quotes
- 2 About N. R. Narayana Murthy
- 3 External links
- Our assets walk out of the door each evening. We have to make sure that they come back the next morning.
- In . Has Narayana Murthy's return at Infosys worked for the IT major?. Economic Times (24 December 2013). Retrieved on 26 December 2013.
Life lessons from Narayana Murthy (2013)
. Life lessons from Narayana Murthy. Rediff.com (28 May 2007). Retrieved on 26 December 2013.
- I marvel at how one role model can alter for the better the future of a young student. This experience taught me that valuable advice can sometimes come from an unexpected source, and chance events can sometimes open new doors.
- ...entrepreneurship, resulting in large-scale job creation, was the only viable mechanism for eradicating poverty in societies.
- It is less important, I believe, where you start. It is more important how and what you learn. If the quality of the learning is high, the development gradient is steep, and, given time, you can find yourself in a previously unattainable place.
- Learning from experience, however, can be complicated. It can be much more difficult to learn from success than from failure. If we fail, we think carefully about the precise cause. Success can indiscriminately reinforce all our prior actions.
- I am struck by the incredible role played by the interplay of chance events with intentional choices. While the turning points themselves are indeed often fortuitous, how we respond to them is anything but so. It is this very quality of how we respond systematically to chance events that is crucial.
- A fixed mindset, creates a tendency to avoid challenges, to ignore useful negative feedback and leads such people to plateau early and not achieve their full potential.
- I can assert that it is this belief in learning from experience, a growth mindset, the power of chance events, and self-reflection that have helped me grow to the present.
- When, one day, you have made your mark on the world, remember that, in the ultimate analysis, we are all mere temporary custodians of the wealth we generate, whether it be financial, intellectual, or emotional. The best use of all your wealth is to share it with those less fortunate.
- I believe that we have all at some time eaten the fruit from trees that we did not plant. In the fullness of time, when it is our turn to give, it behooves us in turn to plant gardens that we may never eat the fruit of, which will largely benefit generations to come. I believe this is our sacred responsibility, one that I hope you will shoulder in time.
Narayana Murthy shocks with 'Mera Bharat Mahaan' quote, indicates Infosys Ltd on hiring spree, 16k jobs on offer
. Narayana Murthy shocks with 'Mera Bharat Mahaan' quote, indicates Infosys Ltd on hiring spree, 16k jobs on offer. Financial Express (19 December 2013). Retrieved on 26 December 2013.
- India is a country of empty words, not action. Only repeating, 'Mera Bharat Mahaan' won't help. Learn to finish the race first in order to finish first.
- Move from apathy to action. Aim at becoming better than me. Luck will favour those who are prepared
- As long as they (government) make businesses grow in the country, as long as we collect more taxes, as long as we use those taxes efficiently, I think the confidence will come back, every one will be very happy with whatever government is in the Centre and we will be better country.
- Students are the future of this country. Quality software engineers will carve the way ahead for becoming a software global giant.
Entrepreneur of the New Millenium: N.R. Narayana Murthy : Life & Times of N.R. Narayana Murthy
N. R. Narayana Murthy in: Xact Ad 'n' Art Studio (Delhi, India) (2003). Entrepreneur of the New Millenium: N.R. Narayana Murthy : Life & Times of N.R. Narayana Murthy. Pentagon Paperbacks. ISBN 978-81-86830-74-1.
- We have to change the mindset of our corporate leaders and, obviously, we have to raise the level of corporate governance.
- p. 16
- I am great admirer of China. It has shown great discipline and dedication in attacking n export markets. China is working furiously on its English-language capability and its quality control. As China become stronger, it sends a clear signal that we in India have to harder to stay ahead.
- p. 26
- Perhaps the biggest problem before Indian Corporates is that of the concept of ‘corporate throne’. If the company is not doing well, the old guard must make way for new.
- p. 29
- Respect, recognition, and reward flows out of performance.
- p. 31
About N. R. Narayana Murthy
- Humble and self-effacing, Murthy is known to fly economy class and lives in a modest home in Bangalore -- proof, say his fans, that you can combine business success with Gandhian humility.
- Time magazine in "10 best quotes from Narayana Murthy that will change your life". India TV News. 24 October 2013. Retrieved on 26 December 2013.
- Murthy, [says the Time magazine], has not sold his soul for money and success. One of country’s most admired men, he is vigilant about his employees’well-being, granting stock options, building exercise facilities and spreading values as much as wealth.
- In "Entrepreneur of the New Millenium: N.R. Narayana Murthy : Life & Times of N.R. Narayana Murthy", p. 12.
- Narayana Murthy is a role model for millions of Indians. An iconic figure in the country, he is widely respected and looked up not only for his business leadership but also for his ethics and personal conduct. He represents the face of the new, resurgent India to the world.
- Narayana Murthy overcame many obstacles and demonstrated that is possible to create a world-class, values-driven company in India. Through his vision and leadership Murthy sparked a wave of innovation and entrepreneurship that changed the way we view ourselves and how the world views India.
- Bill Gates in "Better India, A Better World".
- . About Us:N.R. Narayana Murthy. Infosys.com.