The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is the agency responsible for the civilian space program of the United States, and for its long-term aerospace research. It was established by the National Aeronautics and Space Act in July 1958.
- For the benefit of all.
- NASA motto.
- The Congress hereby declares that it is the policy of the United States that activities in space should be devoted to peaceful purposes for the benefit of all mankind.
- To improve life here. To extend life to there. To find life beyond.
- The NASA Vision
- To understand and protect our home planet, To explore the universe and search for life, To inspire the next generation of explorers.
- NASA Mission
- Shaping the Future: Launching New Endeavors to Inspire the Next Generation of Explorers.
- Motto of NASA's Office of Education
- NASA, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Where else but in Texas would men set up to administer space?
- We lack any sort of device that can... detect life. We don't have a life meter. ...We don't have a general pupose life meter that can detect life as we don't know it. Obviously, if it's life as we know it, there are all sorts of features. ...NASA plans a mission to... Enceladus... which has a plume of organic material spewing out, and they want to fly through that plume... The question is, what are they going to put onboard that would return a result "Yes, we have found life"... How would you do that? What exactly do you measure?
- It [Traveling to Mars] is important for our future. If the dinosaurs had a space program, they'd still be here.
- There's been a lot of discussion about NASA culture and changing that. I think our culture has always been one of trying to do a very difficult job and do it well.
- HERE MEN FROM THE PLANET EARTH
FIRST SET FOOT UPON THE MOON
JULY 1969, A.D.
WE CAME IN PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND.