(Redirected from Naked (film))
- I'm so comfortable with nudity, it's difficult for me to keep my clothes on in just my own everyday life. As soon as I walk in the door when I come home, off go the clothes.
- Marliece Andrada, Marliece Andrada Interview 1998
- And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
- Authorized Version (King James Version) of the Bible, Genesis 2:25
- Do you wish to honor the Body of the Savior? Do not despise it when it is naked. Do not honor it in church with silk vestments while outside it is naked and numb with cold. He who said, “This is my body,” and made it so by his word, is the same that said, “You saw me hungry and you gave me no food. As you did it not to the least of these, you did it not to me.” Honor him then by sharing your property with the poor. For what God needs is not golden chalices but golden souls.
- I think male nudity is wonderful.
- Sandra Dee, The Palm Beach Post (October 5, 1972)
- At the same time the LORD spoke by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, 'Go, and remove the sackcloth from your body, and take your sandals off your feet.' And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. Then the LORD said, 'Just as My servant Isaiah has walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and a wonder against Egypt and Ethiopia, so shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians as prisoners and the Ethiopians as captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt.'
- New King James Version of the Bible, Isaiah 20:2-4
- My parents were free about nudity, and we are too. I’d like our children to feel unashamed of whatever shape they are. People should worry about other things
- Heidi Klum, InStyle (September 2007)
- I thoroughly enjoy seeing a beautifully proportioned nude male. So did Michelangelo and Rodin. But if the male is blubbery, he should keep his beer barrel to himself and not be a portly polluter.
- June Lockhart, The Palm Beach Post (October 5, 1972)
- If people were meant to run around naked, they wouldn't have been born wearing clothes.
- Reverend Loveshade as quoted in Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia: The Tales of Shamlicht edited by Reverend Loveshade
- The more a society requires its respectable women to keep their bodies covered, the more likely those women are to be oppressed.
- Eristotle in Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia: The Tales of Shamlicht
- A man who can't eat dinner naked on a leather couch is little better than a slave.
- In fact, research suggests that children who have seen their parents nude do not grow up to be emotionally scarred, but instead are more likely to be accepting of their own bodies and comfortable with their own sexuality.
- Holly Robinson, parents.com
- Perhaps the dissenters believe that 'offense to others' ought to be the only reason for restricting nudity in public places generally. [...] The purpose of Indiana's nudity law would be violated, I think, if 60,000 fully consenting adults crowded into the Hoosierdome to display their genitals to one another, even if there were not an offended innocent in the crowd.
- United States Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
- The fear that seeing naked people in some way harms children is not supported, however, by academic research. The small handful of studies on this topic in psychology and sociology have shown, instead, that children reared in an atmosphere containing family social nudity may benefit from the practice. If this is true, then proposed laws outlawing either social nudity in the home or children's participation at naturist (or nudist) settings are unjustified.
- Yet, the truth is that nudity in the home, when handled in a respectful, matter-of-fact way, is perfectly natural and certainly not harmful.
- Dennis Sugrue, PhD, clinical associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Michigan Medical School in Sex Matters for Women (Guilford Press, 2002)
- I honestly don't understand the big fuss made over nudity and sex in films. It's silly. On TV, the children can watch people murdering each other, which is a very unnatural thing, but they can't watch two people in the very natural process of making love. Now, really, that doesn't make any sense, does it?
- Sharon Tate as quoted in Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders (2000) by Greg King
- Police Inspector: So your daddy takes his clothes off in front of you does he?
- Nathan: When he's rehearsing.
- Anna: What is it about men and nudity? Particularly breasts? How can you be so interested in them?
- William: Well...
- Anna: I mean seriously: they're just breasts. Every second person has them. They're odd looking, they're for milk from your mother. What's all the fuss about?