Nancy Wilson (rock musician)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nancy Lamoureaux Wilson (born 16 March 1954) is an American musician, guitarist, and singer, best known as guitarist and songwriter of the band Heart, which she joined with her sister, vocalist Ann Wilson.
- A lot of women play guitar very respectfully, and they play with the guitar; they don't play it—they play with it.
- On female guitarists, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame interview, 2016
- I don't think that Anne or I had any concept that we were unusual to have this idea to go straight for The Beatles-type thing. So, completely without a sexual reference involved, just strode in the door and made a band, or two, or three.
- On forming bands with her sister, Anne, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame interview, 2016
- I tend to overplay—I play too hard because I've felt competitive in a room a lot of times with guys as a player, so I'd just play really dynamically.
- On feeling competitive as a guitarist, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame interview, 2016