Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nanny McPhee is a 2005 film British fantasy film starring Emma Thompson and Colin Firth. The film is about a widowed undertaker with seven out-of-control children who is visited by a mysterious and magical nanny to help straighten out his children.
- Directed by Kirk Jones. Written by Emma Thompson.
- I did knock.
- I have 5 lessons to teach. What lessons they learn is entirely up to them. Goodnight, Mr Brown.
- Some bout of influenza at Archway is carrying off all the old folks. Still, what's bad for them, good for us.
- I NEVER say 'please'!
- Pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm Oglington Fartworthy.
- You never listen!
- Bee hive?
- Let me not beat about the bush, Cedric. The problem with you is that you have too many children.
- If there's one thing I won't stand for, it's loose vowels.
- Will you just look at them? Aww. The little, small things.
- I am your mother now, (She breaks Aggie's rattle).
- Typical of a man, sending his little ones to do the dirty work.
- Nanny McPhee: There is something you should understand about the way I work. When you need me, but do not want me, then I will stay. If you want me, but no longer need me then I have to go. It's quite sad really but there it is.
- Simon: We will NEVER want you!
- Nanny McPhee: Then I will never go.
- Mr. Wheen: (on the concept of his unruly children) We always told you, Mr. Brown...
- Mr. Jowls: It's not funerals you should be working with...
- Cedric: (nodding, miming along)
- Both: It's christenings! (uproarious laughter)
- Cedric: (sighs, before laughing along with them)
- Mr. Brown: Nanny McPhee! Now she can't take the donkey, so what have you done?
- Nanny McPhee: I have done nothing, sir. The children have decided amongst themselves.
- Mr. Brown: Decided what?
- Great Aunt Adelaide: (off in distance) There you are, my dear.
- Mr. Brown: Not little Chrissy. (runs from the house) Chrissy!
- Great Aunt Adelaide: (in the carriage) Now, then, you'd better tell me your name, little girl.
- Mr. Brown: (bolts down the road) Chrissy!
- Great Aunt Adelaide: Don't be shy, my dear. What is your name?.
- Mr. Brown: (in the forest) Chrissy!
- Great Aunt Adelaide: Sit up straight, and tell me your name.
- Mr. Brown: (the carriage fades in the distance) NO! Christianna!
- Christianna: Papa! Papa!
- (races into her father's arms and hugs him)
- Mr. Brown: Oh, thank... (the other children run up to him) Oh... Then who is?.
- Evangeline: (raises head for Aunt Adelaide to see) Evangeline... My name is Evangeline.
- Mr. Brown: Nanny McPhee...
- Nanny McPhee: Yes, Mr Brown?
- Mr. Brown: She will be all right, won't she?, Evangeline, I mean.
- Nanny McPhee: I can't help being concerned.
- Mr. Brown: Aunt Adelaide can be so, erm... Well, you saw.
- Nanny McPhee: She will certainly be all right.
- Mr. Brown: Good, I suppose she volunteered to go, did she?, couldn't wait to be shot of us, I imagine.
- Nanny McPhee: Not quite, It was Simon's idea, he knew Evangeline might like to educate herself and that her going would save Christianna.
- Behave or Beware.
- You'll learn to love her... warts and all.
- Emma Thompson as Nanny McPhee
- Colin Firth as Cedric Brown
- Kelly Macdonald as Evangeline
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Simon Brown
- Eliza Bennett as Tora Brown
- Jennifer Rae Daykin as Liliana Lily Brown
- Raphaël Coleman as Eric Brown
- Samuel Honywood as Sebastian Brown
- Holly Gibbs as Christianna "Chrissie" Brown
- Hebe and Zinnia Barnes as Aggie Brown
- Angela Lansbury as Great Aunt Adelaide Stitch
- Celia Imrie as Mrs. Selma Quickly
- Imelda Staunton as Mrs. Blatherwick
- Derek Jacobi as Mr. Wheen
- Patrick Barlow as Mr. Jowls
- Adam Godley as the Vicar