National Basketball Association
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a men's professional basketball league in North America; composed of 30 teams (29 in the United States and 1 in Canada). It is widely considered to be the premier men's professional basketball league in the world.
- The 2017 average salary for a WNBA athlete is about $51,000, while the NBA salary is $6 million. The WNBA’s highest paid player is Candace Parker, with around $3 million in salary and endorsements. In the NBA, the highest paid player is Stephen Curry making at $34 million.
- Imani Farmer, "Why are female athletes paid less than male athletes?”, Spartan News Room, Michigan State University, (December 18, 2017).
- TV networks are just not going to pay as much to cover WNBA games as they’re going to pay to cover NBA games. So where is the WNBA going to get the revenue to pay those equal kind of salaries? So I think in something like basketball it’s very unlikely.
- Ronald Fisher, "Why are female athletes paid less than male athletes?”, Spartan News Room, Michigan State University, (December 18, 2017).
- My experience in the NBA was a catastrophe, because I’m a born winner. I don’t like losing, even in card games.
- Darko Miličić, as quoted in "Miserable at every NBA stop, Darko Milicic has found peace as a farmer" (14 March 2017), by Ben Rohrbach, Yahoo! Sports
- Encyclopedic article on National Basketball Association at Wikipedia