Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I ain't a person anymore. I don't know what I am. I'm sick!
- [sucking blood off his fingers] It's finger-lickin' GOOD!
- Howdy. I'm gonna separate your head from your shoulders. Hope you don't mind none.
- Hey, Caleb! I hate to be an Indian giver, I really do, but you disappointed me. Now you're gonna have to pay. First, you're gonna give me back my spur. Then I'm gonna knock your tonsils out your asshole. What do you think of them apples, huh?
- Hey, Caleb! Fasten your fuckin' seatbelt!
- You're not gonna look so good... with your face ripped off.
- Loy Colton: Caleb, those people back there, they wasn't normal. Normal folks, they don't spit out bullets when you shoot 'em, no sir.
- Bartender: What you people want?
- Jesse: Just a couple more minutes of your time, about the same duration as the rest of your life.
- Mae: There's somethin' I want to show you.
- [Caleb and Mae get off the truck]
- Caleb Colton: There's somethin' you want to show me?
- Mae: Yeah. The night.
- Caleb Colton: What about it?
- Mae: It's dark.
- Caleb Colton: I noticed.
- Mae: It's so bright, it'll blind you.
- Caleb Colton: I can't see.
- Mae: Well, listen. Do you hear it?
- Caleb Colton: I'm listenin'. I don't hear nothin'.
- Mae: Listen hard. Do you hear it?
- Caleb Colton: Hear what?
- Mae: The night, it's deafening.
- Caleb Colton: I sure haven't met any girls like you.
- Mae: No. No, you sure haven't. [pause] The light that's leaving that star right now will take a billion years to get down here. You want to know why you've never met a girl like me before?
- Caleb Colton: Yeah. Why?
- Mae: Because I'll still be here when the light from that star gets down here to earth in a billion years.
- Caleb Colton: How old are you?
- Jesse: Let's put it this way: I fought for the South.
- Caleb Colton: South?
- Jesse: We lost. [chuckles]
- Mae: Look, I'll take care of him!
- Homer: You can't, Mae. I turned you, I taught you.
- Mae: Well I turned him and I can teach him!
- Severen: [smirking] What's the matter, Homer? You jealous? A little too little to be jealous.
- Homer: You have any idea what it's like to be a big man on the inside and have a small body on the outside?
- Severen: You have ANY idea what it's like to HEAR about it every NIGHT?
- Caleb Colton: What'll we do now?
- Mae: [Chuckles] Anything we want... to the end of time.
- Jesse: [about Caleb] He makes a kill tonight! I don't care how you do it. You do it or you're done.
- Diamondback: And done means dead without guile. It means you'd be real uncomfortable for a looong, looong time.
- Severen: That's your mama talkin', boy.
- Caleb Colton: [Loy has pulled out a gun] Daddy, put that away. Ain't gonna do no good.
- Loy Colton: What do you mean, it ain't gonna do no good?
- Jesse: I'd listen to your son.
- Loy Colton: I'd stop right there if I was you, mister.
- Jesse: Not likely.
- [Loy shoots him in the chest, Jesse coughs out the bullet and puts it in Loy's shirt pocket]
- Jesse: For you.
- Sarah Colton: Boy, you people sure stay up late.
- Severen: We keep odd hours.
- Caleb Colton: What the fuck is goin' on?
- Severen: It ain't what's goin' on, son. It's what's comin' off. Your face. Clean off.
- Mae: Caleb, what's happening?
- Caleb Colton: I brought you home.
- Mae: I'm afraid.
- Caleb Colton: Don't be. It's just the sun.
- Pray for daylight.
- The night has its price.
- Killing you would be easy, they'd rather terrify you...forever.
- At dawn they hide. At dark they wake. At night they search for blood...pray for daylight.
- In one hot hungry kiss, he gave her everlasting love. She gave him everlasting life.
- Blood is our life, Darkness, our feeding ground and sunlight, our eternal damnation.
- They can only kill you once. But they can terrify you forever.
- Adrian Pasdar - Caleb Colton
- Jenny Wright - Mae
- Lance Henriksen - Jesse Hooker
- Bill Paxton - Severen
- Jenette Goldstein - Diamondback
- Joshua John Miller - Homer
- Marcie Leeds - Sarah Colton
- Tim Thomerson - Loy Colton