Necessary Roughness (TV series)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Necessary Roughness (2011–2013) is a USA Network drama series about a tough Long Island divorcee who, in order to make ends meet, gets a job as a therapist for a professional football team.
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Pilot [1.01]
- 1.2 Spinning Out [1.02]
- 1.3 Anchor Management [1.03]
- 1.4 Habit Forming [1.04]
- 1.5 Poker Face [1.05]
- 1.6 Dream On [1.06]
- 1.7 Whose Team Are You On? [1.07]
- 1.8 Losing Your Swing [1.08]
- 1.9 Forget Me Not [1.09]
- 1.10 A Wing and a Player [1.10]
- 1.11 Baggage Claim [1.11]
- 1.12 Goal Line [1.12]
- 2 Season 2
- 2.1 Shrink or Swim [2.01]
- 2.2 To Swerve and Protect [2.02]
- 2.3 Wide Deceiver [2.03]
- 2.4 Slumpbuster [2.04]
- 2.5 Mr. Irrelevant [2.05]
- 2.6 What's Eating You [2.06]
- 2.7 Spell it Out [2.07]
- 2.8 A Load of Bull [2.08]
- 2.9 Might As Well Face It [2.09]
- 2.10 Double Fault [2.10]
- 2.11 All the King's Horses [2.11]
- 2.12 Frozen Fish Sticks [2.12]
- 2.13 Hits and Myths [2.13]
- 2.14 The Fall Guy [2.14]
- 2.15 Regret Me Not [2.15]
- 2.16 There's the Door [2.16]
- 3 Season 3
- 4 Cast
- 5 External links
- Dani Santino: I don't scare easily and I do not give up.
- Coach Purnell: Are you always this pigheaded?!
- Dani Santino: Only when it comes to protecting my clients and my children. [her cell phone rings] Now, I got to take this 'cause it's my daughter's guidance counselor!
- Coach Purnell: [to Dani] Good luck, Doc. You're our Hail Mary.
- Dani Santino: [to Terrance] I am your therapist, I'm not part of your posse.
- Dani Santino [to Ray]: You try to take my kids and I will kill you.
- Terrance "T.K." King: I will trash my career if I want to!
Spinning Out [1.02]
- Dani: I look like a refugee backup dancer from a Madonna video.
- Coach Purnell (about TK): If he can walk, he can run, if he can run, he can play. Make him walk by Sunday.
- Janet: You want to know what the new protein is? Earthworms. The guys a worm farmer. The night was destined to end with battery-operated machinery.
Anchor Management [1.03]
- Dani: When a person spins out, you often can't tell until after they hit the wall.
- Dani: Vodka and painkillers, statistically, deadlier than auto racing.
Habit Forming [1.04]
- Dani: The question is: when is it time for an old habit to die?
- Nico: As shocking as it sounds, I am capable of reading and apologizing.
Poker Face [1.05]
- Dani (to Laura): Everyone has a dark side.
- Laura: Not one I can't spin.
- Officer (to TK): At 75 miles per hour, no problem. At 150, big problem.
- TK: I was...150. The dealer said this thing could go 200. This thing is broken. I'm taking it back.
Dream On [1.06]
- Tyler: Ten years and I still have to dance like a trained monkey for my banana.
- Jeanette (to Dani): Honey, it's a high school reunion, not a mafia confirmation.
- Jeanette: You just gave me the boost no botox injection ever could.
Whose Team Are You On? [1.07]
- Matt: Can't we all just get along?
- Coach Purnell: Thank you, Mr. Switzerland.
- Dani (to Nico): How come none of your situations happen at a normal time?
- Nico: Because jail time is anytime.
- Coach Purnell: Shannon Prichard's sucking up loose jewelry faster than a Hoover.
Losing Your Swing [1.08]
- Dani: Terrence has a problem with boundaries. He's got none.
- Nico: I live in the basement so you can live in the penthouse.
- Matt: I don't care where you live. Just get that guy out of our house.
Forget Me Not [1.09]
- TK: Lesson learned. Consider me spanked.
- Dani: There are many types of fighters in the world. Some box and some sit in little flower chairs.
- TK: You know what's unattractive? A parasite with fresh blood on his face.
A Wing and a Player [1.10]
- Matt: Since you obviously didn't pay attention at the last sexual harassment seminar.
- TK: I thought that was a how to.
- TK (to Dani): You've got some good kids. Wimpy, but good.
Baggage Claim [1.11]
- Dani: Can we agree that throwing things at employees is generally considered unacceptable and probably illegal?
- TK: You tell anyone I asked you about this, you're a dead man.
- Matt: You tell anyone I answered, then you're dead too.
Goal Line [1.12]
- Dani: To what do I owe the honor? Jail time? Strip club?
- Dani: Mall parking lot. Odd spot for therapy.
Shrink or Swim [2.01]
- Dani: I almost killed a tutor, an IRS agent and my son all in the same day.
- Matt: All new season. All new set of crazy.
- Lindsay: He eats frozen blood worms.
- Dani: Ray Jay?
- Lindsay: No. Mr. Fishy.
To Swerve and Protect [2.02]
- TK: Pitman's sweating me like a hooker in church.
- Dani: I love my job and I care about the players, but I am not a game player. So if you're going to fire me over this, feel free to do it right now.
- Dani: I am going to go get that little Romeo and he is going to wish he drank poison.
Wide Deceiver [2.03]
- TK: I don't need the nonsense of football. It's just full of pain and agony and pressure and disloyalty
- Pitman: My grandmother could get a nine. She's been dead for 15 years.
- Matt: Don't beat yourself up. That's my job.
- Pittman: I am flattered that you think of me as normal.
- Dani: Oh, it's a relative term.
Mr. Irrelevant [2.05]
- TK: When a tweeter and a hater have a baby, it's a twate.
- Coach Purcell: We already have one head case wide receiver. What do we need, a match set?
- Dani: Big dreams are the magic that stirs us to greatness.
What's Eating You [2.06]
- TK: You go first. I've been shot twice this year. It's your turn.
- TK: I am finally having a good time again. I thought you guys would appreciate that.
- Nico: We would if you were using your powers for good instead of evil.
- TK: You did not just bedazzle my helmet?
Spell it Out [2.07]
- Dani: Our words have power.
- TK: I can pretty much ignore anything.
A Load of Bull [2.08]
- Jeanette: Breaking up is hard to do. That's why country music exists.
- TK: The Hawks do not objectify women. Put your flagpoles back in.
Might As Well Face It [2.09]
- Dani: Who loves the shopping?
- Jeanette: It's the only sport I'm really good at.
- Nico (to Dani): That's the funny thing about your patients. They all end up in rehab.
Double Fault [2.10]
- Dani: This team has compromised me in ways that I never even knew existed.
- Nico: Right now I'm a little busy trying to save all of our asses before this goes public.
All the King's Horses [2.11]
- TK: I need this for the Tweethab. You know, Tweeting from rehab.
- Dani (about TK): I'm just suppose to help people put themselves back together and you know, he's in a bunch of pieces.
Frozen Fish Sticks [2.12]
- Matt: How is the league suppose to take us seriously if we're being run by our own Paris HIlton?
- Dani: New rule. There's going to be one leather seat between us at all times.
- TK: Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change what I can and the wisdom not to take Toes out and beat him like a rented government mule.
Hits and Myths [2.13]
- Nico (to Juliette): What are we celebrating?
- Juliette: Tuesday.
- TK: So fast you didn't see me bitch slap you.
- Dani: Why can't my sex dream just be about sex?
The Fall Guy [2.14]
- Matt: It's like they're actively trying to end people's careers out there.
- TK: I've shot turkey before, but it's always been wild and followed by a hangover.
Regret Me Not [2.15]
- Dani: Happiness is fleeting and we don't live forever.
- TK (to Joe): You come to ballet often?
- Joe: How do you think I get these sexy damn legs?
- Dani: How do you know when that ship has sailed?
- Nico: When it's so far out to sea that you'd drown trying to catch up to it.
There's the Door [2.16]
- Glenn: We prepare for the worst and then hope to be pleasantly surprised.
- Dani: Sometimes doing the right thing ain't always the easy thing.
- Connor (to Dani): Don't tell me you're a cynic.
- Dani: I'm just from New York. Goes with the territory.
- TK (to Dani): Help me Obi-Wan KeDani. You are my only hope.
- Nico (to Dani): Are you going to slap me again?
- Dani: No, but I'd like to.
Gimme Some Lovin' [3.02]
- Dani: I can't just snap my fingers and get her back up on the balance beam.
- Nico: If she gets hurt in any way, you do not want me as an enemy.
- Connor: Nobody cares about "Gay the Sequel."
Swimming With Sharks [3.03]
Snap Out of It [3.04]
- Nolan (to Dani): Does this window open?
- Dani: No, why?
- Nolan: Because I want to kill myself.
- TK: Did I just get Jetered in my own home?
V3 for Vendetta [3.05]
- TK: I knew this plan was brain dead from the start.
- Sheera: I'll show you brain dead, Cinderfella.
- Abigail: I saw you on TV last night, Connor. If you were spinning any harder, you'd have your own gravitational pull.
- Connor: Congratulations on our first FBI raid. Let's give ourselves a big round of applause.
Good Will Haunting [3.06]
- Connor: Life sure is a page turner, isn't it?
- Dani: Yes, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
- TK: He is trading me to Buffalo. The weather's like Siberia. The team is even colder and they're in the last place in the league. And the women? A Buffalo 10 is like a Manhattan 3. A Buffalo 10 is like a Buffalo.
- Connor: Celebrity phones get hacked all the time. Don't put anything on your phone that you don't want in the tabloids.
Bringing the Heat [3.07]
- Nico: Dr. Santino responds to one thing: honesty.
- Dani: There's no cure in therapy.
The Game's Afoot [3.08]
- Connor: That boy's got some balls, doesn't he? Too bad I'm going to cut them off.
- Dani: What am I suppose to do while you're tracking him down? Just skip on back to the Death Star like it's Disneyland?
Sucker Punch [3.09]
- Connor: The person who bites the hand that feeds them licks the boot that kicks them.
- Connor: Fast and furious, my friend. That is what we offer.
- Dani: You've certainly come to the right place because I do love me a fight.
Sympathy for the Devil [3.10]
- Connor: Can I make you a drink, Santino?
- Dani: You already did. Kool-Aid.
- Connor: If you want to get to the top of the mountain, you've got to break some rules.
- Dani: You know that expression "Love is blind."
- TK: Then I must be the Stevie Wonder of romance.
- Callie Thorne - Dr. Danielle "Dani" Santino
- Marc Blucas - Matthew Donnally
- Mehcad Brooks - Terrance "T.K." King
- Scott Cohen - Nico Carales
- Craig Bierko - Ray Santino
- Patrick Johnson - Ray "Ray Jay" Santino Jr.
- Hannah Marks - Lindsay Santino
- Concetta Tomei - Angela
- Amanda Detmer - Jeanette
- Gregory Alan Williams - Coach Purnell