Never Say Never Again
Never Say Never Again is a 1983 James Bond film in which a SPECTRE agent has stolen two American nuclear warheads, and James Bond must find their targets before they are detonated. The film is an adaptation of the James Bond novel Thunderball, which was previously filmed in 1965 as Thunderball. Unlike other films in the James Bond series, it was not produced by Eon Productions.
- Directed by Irvin Kershner. Written by Lorenzo Semple Jr., based on Ian Fleming's novel Thunderball.
- [When asked by a US Submarine Captain how he knew top secret US information] From a Russian translation of one of your service manuals.
Ernst Stavro Blofeld
- I am Supreme Commander of SPECTRE, the Special Executive for Counterintelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion. Yesterday morning, the American Air Force launched 2 cruise missiles from Swadley Air Base in Great Britain. Through the ingenuity of SPECTRE, the dummy warheads they carried were replaced with *live*, *nuclear* warheads. Your weapons of destruction are now safely in our possession and will be moved to two secret targets. Please note the serial numbers of the missiles; they will confirm the truth. Your weapons of deterrence did not deter us from our objective! A terrible catastrophe now confronts you. However, it can be avoided by paying a tribute to our organization, amounting to twenty-five percent of your respective countries' annual oil purchases. We have accomplished two of the functions that the name SPECTRE embodies: terror and extortion. If our demands are not met within seven days, we shall ruthlessly apply the third: revenge!
- Q: Good to see you Mr Bond, things have been awfully dull around here...Now you're on this, I hope we're going to have some gratuitous sex and violence!
- James Bond: I certainly hope so too.
- M: Too many free radicals. That's your problem.
- James Bond: "Free radicals," sir?
- M: Yes. They're toxins that destroy the body and the brain, caused by eating too much red meat and white bread and too many dry martinis!
- James Bond: Then I shall cut out the white bread, sir.
- M: Oh, you'll do more than THAT, 007. From now on you will suffer a strict regimen of diet and exercise; we shall PURGE those toxins from you!
- [Fatima Blush lands in James Bond's arms when she water-skis up the ramp to the bar]
- Fatima Blush: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
- James Bond: Yes, but my martini is still dry. My name is James.
- Maximilian Largo: Are you a man who enjoys games?
- James Bond: Depends with whom I'm playing.
- Maximilian Largo: Do you lose as gracefully as you win?
- James Bond: I don't know, I've never lost.
- Fatima Blush: Now write this: "The greatest rapture of my life was afforded me on a boat in Nassau by Fatima Blush," and sign it "James Bond, 007."
- James Bond: I just remembered. It's against Service policy to give endorsements.
- Fatima Blush: WRITE!
- Sean Connery - James Bond
- Kim Basinger - Domino Petachi
- Klaus Maria Brandauer - Maximilian Largo
- Barbara Carrera - Fatima Blush
- Max von Sydow - Ernst Stavro Blofeld
- Bernie Casey - Felix Leiter
- Alec McCowen - 'Q' Algy
- Edward Fox - M
- Pamela Salem - Miss Moneypenny
- Rowan Atkinson - Nigel Small-Fawcett