Nicholas Udall, Uvedale or Yevedale (c. 25 December 1504 – c. 22 December 1556) was an English dramatist, educator and humanist scholar. His best-known play, Ralph Roister Doister, is usually considered the first English-language comedy.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- That same manne, that renneth awaye,
Maye again fight, an other daye.
- Apophthegmes (London, 1542) vol. 2, fol. 335v
Ralph Roister Doister
- For Myrth prolongeth lyfe, and causeth health.
- I am sorie God made me so comely.
- Ralph Roister Doister, Act I, sc. ii
- Wowers never speede well, that have a false harte.
- Mathew Merygreeke, Act I, sc. ii
- Since I went no grasse hath growne on my hele.
- Tom Trupenie, Act IV, sc. v
- Gay love, God save it, so soone hotte, so soone colde.
- Christian Custance, Act IV, sc. viii