Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nick Hugh Minchin (born 1953-04-16) is an Australian politician, and has been a Liberal member of the Australian Senate since July 1993, representing South Australia. Minchin is the current Senate leader of the Liberal Party.
- If the question is do people (in the Liberal Party) believe that human beings are the main cause of the planet warming, then I'd say a majority don't accept that position
- Mr Rudd's arrogance and vanity in wanting to lead the world in cutting C02 emissions is really sickening
- It is literally crazy to be committing to an ETS (emissions trading scheme) before seeing the outcome of Copenhagen . . . and frankly idiotic before we see the final form of the US emissions trading scheme
- I have said consistently in my 16-and-a-half years in the parliament, I have always supported the party room's decision and the party room is the ultimate authority on these matters. I don't expect that to change.
- Mr Turnbull declined this proposition so I advised that I would have no alternative but to resign from the Shadow Cabinet as I was not able to support the CPRS legislation
- It is absolutely outrageous that a spin doctor for Labor's NBN Co is being paid $450,000 per annum by Australian taxpayers to promote a company that generates no revenue, has no customers and provides no services to anybody