Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (on her DUI) I have a responsibility, and it's something that I did wrong, and if I could personally apologize to every single person that has lost a loved one from drunk driving I would. And unfortunately, I can't, but this is my way of paying my dues and taking responsibility and being an adult. 
- When my dad divorced my mom it was kind of like him leaving me also. I just really didn't understand why he wasn't returning my phone calls, or why I couldn't see him whenever I wanted to. That was the most hurtful thing to me. 
- I’m very happy with my life and I wouldn’t take back any mistake I’ve made because it’s made me who I am today. I don’t walk around pretending that I’m perfect, so I don’t think that anyone else should hold me to that and not expect me to fuck up occasionally. Because I do, and you do, too. 
- I don’t trust valets, waiters — nobody. I don’t waste my time anymore trying to figure out who leaks things to the press.
- It’s not me that’s obsessed with my weight, it’s everyone else. I know that I’m healthy, so I don’t really feel the need to answer to anyone. I’ve never substituted a meal for a salad in my life.
- My plan was not to be a celebrity. My plan was to be a singer and an entertainer. I wanted to go to NYU, major in musical theater, do Broadway, and come out with an album. Unfortunately, I started fucking up when I was in my teens.
- I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't really thin at one point, because I was. But it had nothing to do with not eating. I'm not saying that I have more problems than everyone else, but people's weight fluctuates, and five or ten pounds is a lot on me.
- I'm bustier now, and I really don't like it. It doesn't really fit with my wardrobe, it's not who I am. I am not someone who is used to wearing a bra or having to wear a bra I really don't like it. I like wearing vintage hippy see-through shirts that aren't slutty on me because there's nothing to look at. Now I have boobs so I can't really wear it because it sends out a different message. 
The Truth About Diamonds (2005)
- Guys are so transparent most of the time. Unless, of course, they're dating you, in which case they are utter mysteries.
- p. 15
- When you grow up in Bel Air and shop only in expensive boutiques on Rodeo and Robertson, you develop a kind of allergy to anything unpretty -clothes, cars... even people... you start thinking that if you hang around unattractive people, their homeliness can be contagious.
- p. 48
- Oh my god. I just hung around with an unpretty person. Excuse me while I go home to scrub myself with expensive body wash and a pink loofah, to rid myself of the unpretty germs.
- p. 48
- ... It sucked. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I couldn't even shop. Actually that's not true. I had gotten this amazing Marni backless dress down at Barneys the day before-but I didn't go really crazy like normal.
- p. 51
- All the boys in rehab are totally available because their girlfriends have all given up on them. It's fantastic.
- p. 115
- She didn't want to know how much Ray had paid for it because that had nothing to do with its real value.
- p. 222
- They may signify wealth, but they can actually mean so much more-like committment, family, and love. And there's nothing like a perfect diamond to remind you that you'll never be perfect - the truth is, all you can do is try.
- p. 224
- Madden, Pregnancy Made Richie Change Her Ways Interview with Diane Sawyer, August 2, 2007 (March 6, 2008)
- Lionel Richie and Daughter Nicole on Fame, Drugs and Divorce Interview with Oprah Winfrey, May 21, 2004 (March 6, 2008)
- THE LITTLEST REBEL: NICOLE RICHIE Nylon, August 2007. (March 6, 2008)
- Richie, Nicole (2008). Excerpts from Nicole Richie’s UK Marie Claire interview (html). Richiefan (Nicole Richie fansite). Retrieved on 2008-03-06.
- Harper's Bazaar (2008). Partners In Crime (html). Harper'sBazaar. Retrieved on 2008-03-06.
- "Actress Nicole Richie doesn't want bigger breasts". Entertainment.oneindia.in. March 2008. Retrieved on 2008-03-07.